Places in News Current Affairs - 2019
Places in news and current affairs for preparation of the Geography papers and map locations for UPSC Civil Services and State related examinations of 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Pakistan is going to host the 19th SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Summit in Islamabad (capital city) and Murree on November 9 and 10, 2016.
It will be the meeting of the head of states or head of government of the eight SAARC countries. Besides, nine observers of SAARC have also been invited to attend the Summit.
The 18th SAARC Summit was held in Kathmandu, Nepal in November 2014 with the theme Deeper Integration for Peace and Prosperity. It had focused on enhancing connectivity between the member states for easier transit-transport across the region
About the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- SAARC is regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union in South Asia. It promotes development of economical and regional integration.
- As of 2015, SAARC member countries compromise of 3% of the world’s area, 21% of the world’s population and 9.12% of the global economy.
- Member Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan (joined in 2007).
- Nine observer states: Australia, China, European Union, Japan, Iran, Mauritius, Myanmar, South Korea, and United States.
- Formation History: The idea for the SAARC was proposed by Ziaur Rahman, the then President of Bangladesh on May 2, 1980.
- The seven founding countries had met for first time in April 1981 and then in 1985, they created SAARC Charter.
- The first SAARC summit was held in Dhaka (Bangladesh) in December 1985. The SAARC Secretariat was established in Kathmandu (Nepal) on 16 January 1987.
The first Children Court of South India was launched at the Nampally Criminal Courts Complex in Hyderabad, Telangana to fast disposal of cases related to children.
With this, Telangana has become the third state to have a child friendly court after Goa and Delhi. This court is the 6th child-friendly court in the country.
- The Nampally children court project was facilitated by NGO Justice and Care in collaboration with the state government and the judiciary.
- It has features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for accused, mandated under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act, 2012.
- It has waiting area, which provides a child-friendly environment, complete with toys, bean bags and colourful furniture.