Defence Current Affairs - 2019
Defence Current Affairs of 2018-19 related to India’s Defence, Indian Armed Forces, Defence Production, Defence Acquisition and related matters for SSC, States Civils, UPSC and Other Competitive Examinations.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India’s first defence university- Indian National Defence University which will be a dedicated first-of-its-kind institution for training and research in military studies, will be established in Gurgaon close to the national capital Delhi.
About Indian National Defence University
- To be established on 200 acre plot at Binola village in Gurgaon
- Estimated cost: Rs 300 crore
- Provide training and research facilities on all aspects of national security as part of the strategic national policy-making.
- One-third of its seats will be allocated to civilian students and the remaining seats will be reserved for in-service defence personnel.
The Supreme Court questioned ‘Z’ security to industrialist Mukesh Ambani when the government was unable to provide security to the common man. The Apex court asked “Why is state providing security to such person when the rich can afford to hire private security personnel?”
In a brief order, the Bench directed all States to inform the Delhi government of the movements of their VIPs and violation of the rule would be viewed seriously. The court suggested for the creation of a mechanism to assess security threat of VIPs. It expressed concern over security cover being provided even to persons who faced rape or murder charges, and said this must be stopped. The Bench said unless there was specific information about threat perception, no VIP security should be provided to these persons.
What is Z security?
Depending upon the threat perception the security cover has been classified into four categories:
- Z+ category: security cover of 36 personnel, highest level
- Z category : 28 personnel (security cover by the Delhi police or the ITBP or CRPF personnel)
- Y category : 11 personnel
- X category : 2 personnel
The Special Protection Group (SPG) protects the Prime Minister of India. It is one of the eight Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) are the following police forces of the central government of India:
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) [Includes Rapid Action Force (RAF) and Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA)]
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
- National Security Guards (NSG) [Included Special Protection Group (SPG)]
Tags: Supreme Court