Defence & Security Current Affairs - 2019
Defence Current Affairs of 2018-19 related to India’s Defence, Indian Armed Forces, Defence Production, Defence Acquisition and related matters for SSC, States Civils, UPSC and Other Competitive Examinations.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The eighth edition of India-Russia joint naval exercise-INDRA NAVY-15 has begun in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
INDRA NAVY-15 is a bilateral maritime joint naval exercise between the Indian and Russian navies for epitomising the strategic relationship between the two countries.
About INDRA NAVY-15
- The primary aim is to increase interoperability between the navies of two countries and develop common understanding of procedures for maritime security operations.
- The scope includes wide- ranging professional interactions during the Harbour phase and spectrum of maritime operations during the Sea Phase.
- The Harbour Phase encompasses planning conferences ashore and table-top exercises prior to progressing to sea. The Sea Phase would include various facets of fleet operations.
- Indian Navy will be represented by: INS Sahyadri– an indigenous frigate, INS Ranvijay– a guided missile destroyer and INS Shakti-a Fleet Support Ship.
- It also is represented by INS Sindhuvir– a submarine, P81 Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Dornier Short Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Hawk Advanced Jet Trainer.
- Russian Federation Navy (RFN) will be represented by: 4 ships from Vladivostok based Pacific Fleet. They are Bystry-a destroyer, Varyag-a cruiser, Alatau-a rescue ocean going tug and Boris Butoma-a fleet tanker.
INDRA NAVY-15 bilateral naval exercise was initiated in 2003. Since then, it has matured over the years with increasing scope, complexity of operations and level of participation.
The eight edition of exercise will be another milestone in strengthening maritime security cooperation between the two navies. It will also serve to reinforce the long-standing bond of friendship between both countries.
Tags: Andhra Pradesh • Current Affairs 2016 • Defence • India-Russia • INDRA NAVY-15
China has granted a license for production of first manned two seater electric aircraft RX1E known as RX1E by the Civil Aviation Administration of China.
The aircraft has been designed by Shenyang Aerospace University and Liaoning General Aviation Academy in northeastern Liaoning province.
- RX1E electric light-sport aircraft and it is China’s first manned electric light aircraft.
- This plane is powered by lithium batteries and is capable of flying a maximum altitude of 3000 meters.
- The plane has a 47-foot wingspan and has a charging time of 90 minutes enables it to fly for 45 to 60 minutes. The plane can take the maximum takeoff weight of 480 kg.