Defence & Security Current Affairs - 2019
Defence Current Affairs of 2018-19 related to India’s Defence, Indian Armed Forces, Defence Production, Defence Acquisition and related matters for SSC, States Civils, UPSC and Other Competitive Examinations.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India, United States and Japan navies have started 2015 Malabar Naval Exercise of the eastern coast in Bay of Bengal and India Ocean.
The high-end warfighting and complex trilateral exercise is part of annual series of exercises conducted to advance multi-national maritime relationships and mutual security issues.
- The five-day exercise includes both ashore and at-sea training exercises, that would share knowledge on carrier strike group operations, anti-submarine warfare, maritime patrol etc.
- Military-to-military coordination, submarine familiarisation, air defence and surface warfare exercise sessions will be also undertaken at-sea.
- The joint fleet of 3 navies will include warships, aircraft carriers and fast attack submarines. Total Ten ships, five from India, four from US and one from Japan are participating.
- US Ships: Aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt embarked with Carrier Air Wing 1 having 90 fighter aircrafts.
- Guided-missile cruiser USS Normandy (CG60), USS Nimitz, Littoral combat ship USS Fort Worth (LCS-3), P-8A Poseidon maritime surveillance aircraft and fast attack nuclear submarine.
- Indian Ships: Rajput class destroyer, 2 other ships, a conventional submarine and a P-8I maritime surveillance aircraft.
- Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force is deploying an Akizuki-class guided missile destroyer.
Tags: Bay of Bengal • Current Affairs 2016 • Defence • India • Japan
The third edition of India- Sri Lanka Joint Training Exercise Mitra Shakti-2015 concluded at Aundh Military Camp in Pune, Maharashtra.
14 days of joint training had started on 29 September 2015 and included understanding of transnational terrorism, developing interoperability and conduct of joint tactical operations.
The exercise demonstrated the determination of both countries to work closely with each other to eradicate the menace of terrorism in all its forms.
MITRA SHAKTI 2015 Exercise aimed at sharing the best military practices between the two Armies and promoting healthy military to military relations.
This Joint Military Exercise is considered as an important step to uphold the values of Peace, Prosperity and Stability in the South Asia region