Defence Current Affairs - 2020
Defence Current Affairs of 2018-19 related to India’s Defence, Indian Armed Forces, Defence Production, Defence Acquisition and related matters for SSC, States Civils, UPSC and Other Competitive Examinations.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully conducted proof firing tests of Armament system for 155 mm x 52 calibre New Advanced Towed Artillery Artillery Gun System (ATAGS).
The tests were conducted as part of technical trials at Proof & Experimental Establishment (PXE) in Balasore, Odisha.
- ATAGS is fully indigenously built towed artillery gun system undertaken in mission mode by DRDO as a part of artillery modernisation programme of Indian Army.
- Pune based Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE) is the nodal laboratory of DRDO for design and development of ATAGS along with collaboration of other DRDO laboratories.
- The Armament system of ATAGS mainly comprises a barrel, muzzle brake, breech mechanism and recoil mechanism to fire 155 mm calibre ammunitions.
- It has a longer firing range of 40 Kms with accuracy and precision and provides greater fire power. It is also has night firing capability in direct fire mode.
- ATAGS has been configured with all electric drive in order to ensure maintenance free and reliable operation over a longer period of time.
- It also has advanced features in terms of high mobility, quick deployability, auxiliary power mode, advanced communication system, automatic command and control system.
Tags: Defence • DRDO • Indian Army • National
INS India, the base depot ship of Indian Navy at New Delhi celebrated its 75th anniversary (Platinum Jubilee) on 13 July 2016.
As a run up to celebrate this grand occasion, a series of events were organised. A Health Run and a Dream Walk was organised. A blood donation camp was also organised.
About INS India
- INS India was established as HMIS India in 1941 as small unit with a complement of just a handful of officers and sailors. It was rechristened as INS India on 26 Jan 1950.
- The base depot ship has the privilege of being the Flagship of the Chief of the Naval Staff.
- It is now a major establishment in New Delhi with a plethora of duties and responsibilities.
- It provides administrative and logistics cover to all officers and sailors borne in Naval Headquarters and other units at Delhi.
- During 75 years of transition of INS India, the establishment has seen as many as 32 Commanding Officers.
Tags: Celebrations • Current Affairs 2016 • Defence • Indian Navy • INS India