Defence Current Affairs - 2020
Defence Current Affairs of 2018-19 related to India’s Defence, Indian Armed Forces, Defence Production, Defence Acquisition and related matters for SSC, States Civils, UPSC and Other Competitive Examinations.
India and China have hold the first High Level Dialogue on Counter-terrorism and Security held in Beijing, capital city of China.
The meeting was co-chaired by R N Ravi, Chairman of Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC) and Wang Yongqing, Secretary General of Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission of China.
- In the high level dialogue both countries discussed on ways to enhance security and cooperation to combat terror.
- They exchanged information on respective policies to deal with terrorism, and further enhance their understanding on issues of major concern.
- They also exchanged views on the international and regional security situation. It also deliberated on measures to jointly deal with security threats and reached important consensus in this regard.
Tags: India-China • National • Terrorism
India and United States (US) Joint Military Training Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2016 concluded at the Chaubattia Military Station in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand.
The bilateral military exercise was the twelfth edition in the YudhAbhyas series which started in the year 2004 under US Army Pacific Partnership Program. This was the third time the exercise is being conducted at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand.
- The YudhAbhyas 2016 aimed at strengthening and broadening the inter-operability and cooperation between the Indian and US armies.
- It had witnessed Field Training Exercises of Brigade Headquarter based Command Post Exercise and also discussions on issues of mutual interest by experts of both countries.
- It provided an ideal platform for the personnel of the two countries to share their experiences on counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations, especially in the mountainous terrain.
- Exercise curriculum was planned progressively in which participants were initially made to get familiar with each other’s organizational structure, equipment, weapons, and tactical drills.
- Both the armies in joint drills of the training had coherently practiced advanced to joint tactical exercises.
- The Joint Drills included Room Intervention, Cordon and Search in Counter Terrorist Operations, Reflex Shooting, Jungle Lane Shooting, Long Range Firing and Cliff Assault Techniques.
- The bilateral training culminated after final validation exercise in which all the learning mutually imparted by both armies was put to test on ground.
- Troops were inducted by helicopters into a notional hostile area to neutralize terrorists, as part of the exercise.
Tags: Defence • India-US • Indian Military Exercises • Military Exercses • National