Defence Current Affairs - 2020
Defence Current Affairs of 2018-19 related to India’s Defence, Indian Armed Forces, Defence Production, Defence Acquisition and related matters for SSC, States Civils, UPSC and Other Competitive Examinations.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 9th edition of India-Nepal Combined Military Exercise Surya Kiran IX has commenced at Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand. It will culminate on February 21, 2015.
The 14-day-long combined battalion Level exercise is being conducted under the aegis of Panchshul Brigade of Central Command.
- In this edition, Indian Army is being represented by Infantry Battalion while from Nepalese Army, officers and troops of the elite Shree Rudra Dhoj Battalion are participating.
- During Surya Kiran IX, both armies will focus on upgradation of practical and tactical skills by sharing each other’s experiences.
- They will also focus on enhancing interoperability in Counter Terrorism and Jungle Warfare operations in mountain terrain.
- In it special focus and emphasis will be laid on humanitarian aid and disaster relief operations which will include aviation and medical aspects.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Defence • India-Nepal • Indian Military Exercises • Military Excercise
For the first time, border troops of India and China have held their first joint tactical exercise codenamed Sino-India Cooperation 2016 in Chushul-Moldo in Jammu and Kashmir.
This exercise is complement to the Hand-in-Hand series of India-China Joint Exercises and the recently conducted joint exercise in Sikkim.
- Sino-India Cooperation 2016 is mainly focussed on joint actions coordinated to tackle the aspects of humanitarian aid and disaster relief.
- It was based on a situation of a national disaster occurring on the border areas and the subsequent rescue mission coordination by joint teams of both countries.
- It also part of the ongoing initiatives undertaken by both countries to ensure greater interaction between troops stationed along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) to ensure peace and tranquillity along the border.
The increased bilateral interaction between Indian and Chinese border troops is considered as very positive step for enhancing confidence and building relations between the two armies.