Defence Current Affairs
Defence Current Affairs of 2018-19 related to India’s Defence, Indian Armed Forces, Defence Production, Defence Acquisition and related matters for SSC, States Civils, UPSC and Other Competitive Examinations.
Pakistan successfully tested its first indigenously built all-weather armed drone named Burraq and a laser guided missile named Barq.
By successfully testing of Burraq, Pakistan became the 9th country in the World to develop an unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) domestically.
- Dveloped by a venture of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM).
- It is named after the flying horse of Islamic tradition.
- Burraq has ability to fly in all types of weather conditions.
- It has capability to strike its targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- With Barq laser-guided missile mounted on it, Burraq can hit moving targets as well as stationary targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- UCAV Burraq was first flight tested in May 2009.
At present, Pakistan has several types of unarmed surveillance drones in operation but Burraq and Shahpar are its domestically developed UCAVs.
Tags: Air Force • Current Affairs 2016 • missile technology • Pakistan
8th edition of India-Nepal Combined Exercise Surya Kiran VIII concluded on 8 March 2015 at Salijhandi in Nepal.
The exercise was carried out under the aegis of Nepalese Army and had started on February 23, 2015.
14-day-long Surya Kiran VIII exercise aimed at
- Creating a greater understanding between Indian Army & Nepalese Army.
- Working together in Jungle Warfare and Counter Terrorism operations in mountainous terrain.
- It also Focused on basics of disaster management in the field of pandemic/ epidemic control and aviation aspects.
Surya Kiran VIII exercise provided an ideal and single platform for armies of the two countries to share their experiences on terrorist operations and counter insurgency especially in mountainous and jungle terrain.
In the exercise, troops of both countries carried out a search and destroy mission in the general area of Saljhandi which was culminated in a 48 hours consolidation and validation exercise.