Events & Observances Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Events & Observances Current Affairs 2019-20 related to important days, weeks and months. In this category, we put important days celebrated and observed in India and states.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India Mobile Congress is the largest mobile technology event in South Asia. It is organized by Department of Telecommunications along with Cellular Operation Association of India (COAI). This year the event is being conducted between October 14, 2019 and October 16, 2019.
The Congress brings together Government entities, industries and other ecosystem players. It acts as a common platform to discuss and display the latest technology in the world. Apart from being the largest digital technology event, it is also the largest networking event in India.
Highlights of the event
During the event exhibition and conferences are organized. It also presents most recognized awards in the technology industry, especially in digital technology.
Objectives of the event
- The event is organized to promote start-ups, innovators and enterprises
- It also promotes local manufacturing
- It drives in investments
- The event acts as a platform to spread knowledge about the ongoing research and development in the field
- It enhances international regional cooperation in the South and South east region.
Tags: 5G spectrum • digital technology • India Mobile Congress • India Mobile Congress 2019 • Spectrum Auction
The members of IEC, ITU and ISO celebrated the World Standards Day on October 14. The day is celebrated to pay tribute to the experts all over the world who develop voluntary technical agreements that are published as International Standards
The Day celebrates the achievements of following organizations
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization
- IEC – International Electro technical Commission.
- ITU – International Telecommunication Union
- IETF – International Engineering Task Force
- IEEE – International Electrical and Electronics Engineers
In India the World Standard Day was celebrated by BIS under the
Theme: Video Standards create a global stage
The theme is important as mobile phones, IT and other electronic devices boosted video production and is estimated that by 2020 80% of internet traffic will be consumed by video streaming data.
The day is marked as the World Standards Day since 1946. It was resolved when the delegates from 25 countries gathered in London to create an international organization that focus on facilitating standardization.
The idea is to set standardization at international level. This helps to travel efficiently.