Important Days and Events Current Affairs - 2020
Latest Events & Observances Current Affairs 2019-20 related to important days, weeks and months. In this category, we put important days celebrated and observed in India and states.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The World Habitat Day (WHD) is observed every year on the first Monday of October throughout the world. This year it was observed on 3 October 2016.
2016 Theme: “Housing at the Centre”. It aims to raise awareness about need for affordable housing for all in urban areas, cities and towns.
Focus of the theme
- Access to adequate housing is a global challenge due growing fast with urbanization.
- Around one quarter of the world’s urban population continues to live in informal settlements and slums.
- An increasing number of urban dwellers, especially the poor and vulnerable groups are living in precarious conditions.
The United Nations General Assembly had every year on the first Monday of October as World Habitat Day by passing resolution 40/202 in 1986. The observance of the day seeks to remind the world of its collective responsibility for the habitat of future generations.
Tags: Days and Events • Environment • International • UNGA • World Habitat Day
The crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be the chief guest for the 68th Republic Day celebrations on 26 January 2017.
In this regard, announcement was made the by Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Spokesman Vikas Swarup in New Delhi after the crown prince accepted invitation.
Earlier Chief guests of Republic Day parades: 2016- Francois Hollande (French President), 2015- Barack Obama (US President), 2014- Shinzo Abe (Japanese Prime Minister), 2013- Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck (King of Bhutan), 2012- Yingluck Shinawatra (Then Prime Minister of Thailand), 2011- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (Then President of Indonesia).
It should be noted France holds distinction of being the guest of honour for the maximum five times of Indian Republic Day parade followed by Bhutan (four times); Mauritius and Russia (three times each).
- India-UAE Relations deeply rooted in history and strategic cooperation which is driven by mutual aspirations of both countries.
- UAE is lynch-pin of the economic, defence and strategic strands of the India’s coordinated strategy to outreach west Asia.
- UAE is India’s third largest trading partner after China and the United States. Bilateral trade between UAE and India is around 60 billion dollars.
- Besides, there are also more than 2.6 million Indians living in the UAE and their annual remittance is estimated to be around 14 billion dollars.