Government Schemes Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various welfare schemes of Government of India and State Governments.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organising a fortnight of events named Shehri Samridhi Utsav all over the country with an aim to extend the outreach of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) to the poorest of poor and the most vulnerable.
Dayal Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY) aims to uplift the poor folks by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development. Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana integrates:
- National Urban Livelihoods Mission(NULM): It is the urban component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission(NRLM): It is the rural component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development.
Implementation of (DAY-NULM)
The DAY-NULM has taken following initiatives during the tenure of present government:
- 34 lakh urban poor women were organised into self-help groups.
- Subsidised loans have been provided to over 8.5 lakh individuals and
- Over 8.9 lakh candidates have been skill trained and certified and over 4.6 lakh have been placed.
- 16 lakh street vendors have been identified through a survey and half of them have been given identity cards.
- More than 1,000 permanent shelters have been set up, creating space for more than 60,000 urban homeless
Other Initiatives announced
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has also announced the following new initiatives
Safety net survey
For identify eligible SHG members who are not covered by government programmes.
Shehri Sahabhagita Manch
For regular meetings of the officials of urban local bodies with SHG federations for easy resolution of local issues and identifying gaps in extending basic services in urban poor settlements.
Tags: Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana • National Rural Livelihoods Mission • National Urban Livelihoods Mission • NRLM • NULM • Safety net survey • Shehri Sahabhagita Manch • Shehri Samridhi Utsav • Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the setting up of three new AIIMS institutions. The three new institutions would come up at Vijaynagar at Samba of Jammu Region, Awantipora in Pulwama of Kashmir Region and Rajkot in Gujarat under the pradhan mantri swasthya suraksha yojana.
The two new AIIMS for Jammu and Kashmir, one each for Jammu Region and Kashmir Region was announced by the Prime Minister under the Prime Minister’s Development Package and the AIIMS in Rajkot, Gujarat was announced by the Finance Minister in his budget speech.
Prime Minister’s Development Package
Prime Minister’s Development Package was announced as a reconstruction plan for J&K.
The Reconstruction Plan aims at expanding economic infrastructure, expanding provision of basic services, providing thrust to employment and income generation and providing relief and rehabilitation to the victims of September 2014 floods and to strengthen Disaster Management Framework of the State. The reconstruction plan also seeks to strengthen the economic and social infrastructure and provide for the balanced development of the three regions of J&K.
Benefits of New AIIMS institutions
The new AIIMS institutions are set up with the following objectives:
- Each new AIIMS will add 100 UG (MBBS) seats and 60 BSc (nursing) seats, and the new AIIMS will have 15-20 super speciality departments.
- This wills serve the dual purpose of providing super speciality healthcare to the population closer to their homes and help in creating a large pool of doctors and other health workers in these regions to strengthen the primary and secondary level institutions and facilities being created under the National Health Mission (NHM).
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are the autonomous institutions set up under the act of parliament, AIIMS act 1956. They have been declared as Institutes of National Importance. The educational principles and practices being adopted at AIIMS are those which are best suited to the needs of the nation.
Tags: AIIMS • AIIMS act 1956 • All India Institute of Medical Sciences • Awantipora • Gujarat • Institutes of National Importance • Jammu • Kashmir • National Health Mission • pradhan mantri swasthya suraksha • Pulwama • Rajkot • Vijaynagar