Government Schemes & Projects Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various government schemes, government policies, projects, and government campaign launches such as portal, apps etc. also.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The state government of Odisha has signed a Letter of Understanding (LoU) with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) to provide safe drinking water to every household in the state. The LoU was signed by state housing and urban development department (HUDD) to provide 24-hour safe drinking water. The project has been named as ‘Drink from Tap Mission’.
About ‘Drink from Tap Mission’
The project is being undertaken with financial support from UNICEF, which will hopefully help in achieving state government’s target.
Implementation: As providing safe drinking water to every household in the state is one of top priorities of Odisha government, the project will be launched on a pilot basis for about 1.2 lakh people involving 22,000 families in pockets of Puri and Khurda district of Odisha. The pilot project will also be implemented in five areas of Bhubaneswar and two areas of Puri and will be completed by March 2020. It will be extended to other parts of the state in next phases.
The women self-help groups (SHGs) will also be engaged and trained for the implementation of programme.
Tags: Drink From Tap Mission • LoU • Odisha • UNICEF
The Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath launched flagship scheme “Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana”. It was launched in Lucknow for the state of Uttar Pradesh. Smriti Irani, the Union Minister was present in the occasion.
Key Features of the scheme
- The scheme will provide Rs 15,000 to every family where a girl child is born. It will be released in a phased manner.
- The design of the scheme is in such a way that the parents will have to take care of the girl child with proper care with respect to her health and education in order to get the benefit
- The funds will be released when the girl child completes various milestones like vaccination, admission to class 1, 5, 9 and graduation.
- The Kanya Sumangala web portal was also launched along with the scheme.
- The launch of the scheme was conferred with symbolic cheques and certificated to some of the beneficiaries.
- Around 1.25 lakh registrations had already been initiated under the scheme. The girl child born after April 1, 2019 are eligible for the fund.