Government Schemes & Projects Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various government schemes, government policies, projects, and government campaign launches such as portal, apps etc. also.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The GOAL (Going Online As Leaders) program aims to inspire, guide and encourage tribal girls across India to become village level digital leaders for their community. The program was launched by Facebook to empower women by providing digital literacy, leadership, life skills and entrepreneurship skills. In order to become a beneficiary of the program the girls should be above 18 years of age and should have dropped out of school. Also, it is important that the girl is of tribal origin.
The Union Minister of Tribal Affairs recently announced the second phase of the program. The first phase of the program was launched in March 2019.
Highlights of the second phase
- The Facebook and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs will together mentor 5,000 young women in India’s tribal dominated districts
- The program includes weekly one-to-one mentoring sessions. It focuses on online safety, entrepreneurship, etc.
- More than 125 young women have enrolled in the program
Tags: Education • GOAL • Literacy • Tribal Development • women education
Indian Railways has launched 10 ‘Sewa Service’ trains, in a bid to improve last-mile connectivity. These Sewa Service trains will connect small towns with their closest major cities and ease the hassle of travelling for daily passengers. These trains will also help divert short distance traffic from roads to the railways.
Objective: The railways introduced Sewa Service trains to ensure congestion free roads and faster ease of movement for public.
Daily trains will be introduced between Bhubaneswar and Nayagarh town, Delhi and Shamli, Murkongselek and Dibrugarh, Coimbatore and Palani and Kota and Jhalawar city.
Other ‘Sewa Service’ trains will run from Asarya to Himmatnagar, Vadnagar to Mahesana, Karur to Salem, Yesvantpur to Tumkur and Coimbatore to Pollachi. These will run six days a week.
The biggest beneficiary in first set of launches will be Tamil Nadu, as 3 out of 10 trains to be flagged off are in Tamil Nadu and under jurisdiction of Southern Railways.
The 10 ‘Sewa service’ Trains are-
- Vadnagar to Mahesana DEMU train- It will be operational 6 days a week, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Asarva (Ahmedabad) to Himmatnagar DEMU- It will run 6 days a week, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Karur to Salem DEMU- It will run 6 days a week (except for Sundays). The train will have commercial stoppage at Mohanur, Vangal, Namakkal, Puduchatram, Rasipuram, Mallur and Kalangani.
- Murkongselek to Dibrugarh passenger train- It will be operational on all days, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Yesvantpur to Tumkur DEMU- It will run on all days (except Sundays) and will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Delhi to Shamli daily passenger train- It will have commercial stoppages at Delhi Shahdara, Khekra, Noli, Baraut, Qasimpur Kheri, Kandhla and Baghpat Road.
- Bhubaneswar to Nayagarh Town Express- It will have stoppages at Bhubaneswar, Khurda Town, Khurda Road Jn, Rajsunakhala, Begunia, Nayagarh Town and Bolagarh Road.
- Kota to Jhalawar City Passenger train- It will have halts at Dakaniya Talav, Dadhdevi, Alniya, Dara, Kanwalpura, Ravtha Road, Ramganj Mandi Jn, Julmi and Morak.
- Palani to Coimbatore Passenger train- It will have halts at Pushpattur, Udumalaipetti, Madattukulam, Pollachi Jn, Gomangalam, Podanur and Kinattukkadavu.
- Coimbatore to Pollachi Passenger train- It will run daily (except for Sundays) and will have stoppages at Kinattukkadavu and Podanur.