Government Schemes & Projects Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various government schemes, government policies, projects, and government campaign launches such as portal, apps etc. also.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Cabinet has approved relaxation of mandatory requirement of Aadhaar Seeded data as pre-condition for release of funds to beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri KisanSamman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) scheme.
About Pradhan Mantri KisanSamman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
It is Central Sector Scheme to provide income support to land-holding farmers’ families. It provides income support of Rs 6,000 per year to landholding families, subject to certain exclusions. The amount is released in three four-monthly instalments of Rs. two thousand each directly to beneficiaries bank accounts through DBT mode.
Implementation Progress: Total amount of more than Rs.27000 crores have already been released under PM-KISAN scheme through 1st instalment to 6,76,76,073 beneficiaries, 2nd instalment to 5,14,27,195 beneficiaries and 3rd instalment to 1,74,20,230 beneficiaries.
Need for Relaxation
Under this scheme, release of third instalment from August 2019 onwards to those beneficiaries who got first and second instalments was to be made only on basis of Aadhaar seeded database. However, 100% Aadhaar seeding for release of funds as per prescribed time schedule was not possible before release of instalments after August, 2019. Therefore, mandatory requirement of Aadhaar seeding for release of benefits from August 2019 has been relaxed till 30th November, 2019.
Benefits of relaxation of aadhar seeding: It will enable immediate release of PM-KISAN benefits to large number of farmers who are not able to avail same due this requirement. This mandatory requirement will remain applicable for release of benefits from December, 2019 onwards.
Tags: Cabinet Decisions • Central Sector Scheme • Farmers Welfare Schemes • Government Schemes • Income Support Scheme
SUMAN scheme – Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan scheme was launched by the Union Minister Dr Harsha Vardhan at the conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare. The scheme provides free medicines for pregnant women. It focuses to bring down the Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) and Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) in the country.
- Under the scheme the mother up to 6 months after delivery and the sick new born will be able to avail free health care benefits
- All the beneficiaries visiting the health care under the scheme are entitled to free services. It includes
- At least four ante – natal check up
- One check up during the 1st trimester
- One check up under Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
- Iron Folic acid supplementation
- Tetanus Diphtheria injection
- Six home based new born care visits
- Free transport will be provided from home to the health institutions by GoI.
- Referral services are to be offered under the scheme with the scope of reaching the health facilities within an hour of critical emergencies
- Zero expenses for C – section facilities in case of complications during pregnancy.
India’s maternal mortality rate has declined from 254 per 1 lakh births in 2004 – 06 to 130 per 1 lakh births in 2014 – 16. The IMR has come down as well. It was 66 per 1,000 live births in 2001 and is now 34 in 2016.