Government Schemes Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various welfare schemes of Government of India and State Governments.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affair launched a scheme named Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana in Dubai. The scheme is a pension and life insurance fund scheme for blue-collar Indian workers in UAE.
What is Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana (MGPSY)?
MGPSY is a special social security scheme for overseas Indian workers who are on temporary work permit in 17 Emigration Check Required (ECR) nations.
Aim: To help the overseas workers to save money for their retirement, their return to India and resettlement and provides life insurance cover against natural death during the period of coverage.
Features of Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana (MGPSY):
- The subscribers of this scheme will be provided home and a life insurance cover for Rs. 1 lakh during their work overseas.
Government of India will contribute up to Rs. 2000 every year for male workers and Rs. 3000 every year to women workers for up to either five years or until the worker returns home, whichever is earlier. It will be added to the Pension and Life Insurance (PLIF) account of each eligible subscriber.
- The workers have to contribute between Rs. 1000 and Rs. 12000 per annum towards the pension fund and Rs. 4000 towards the return and resettlement fund. They will derive corresponding benefits when they go back home and during their old age.
- Bank of Baroda is the official banking partner of the scheme to enroll the workers while the Indian Workers Resource Centre (IWRC) is the support center for Indian workers in UAE.
- The scheme targets to cover 5 million overseas blue collar Indian workers who have the Emigration Clearance Required (ECR) category passports in 17 nations.
What is Emigration Clearance Required (ECR) category?
Emigration Clearance Required (ECR) category passports are issued to those workers who have not passed Grade 10. Around 65% of more than 2 million Indians in the UAE are blue collar workers and most of them are in the ECR category.
What are Blue collar jobs?
Blue collar is a term which is used to refer to wage-earning workers who wear work clothes or other specialized clothing on the job, as miners, mechanics and longshoremen.
“Janani Suraksha Yojna (JSY)” – Government to Provide Pre-natal Health Care Facilities to Pregnant Women
Under the Janani Suraksha Yojna (JSY) scheme, the government would provide free pre-natal health care and ambulance facilities to pregnant women across the country.
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- A safe motherhood intervention under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
- Objective: Decrease the neo-natal and maternal deaths happening in the country by promoting institutional delivery of babies.
- 100% centrally sponsored scheme
- Integrates cash assistance with delivery and post-delivery care.
Key Points under the scheme:
- The Pregnant women will be given free medical and ambulance facilities from conception to delivery and post natal care.
- Free treatment and transport facility would be provided during the entire pregnancy period. And the baby born would be given free treatment for 1 year.
- The women will also be able to avail free consultation from doctors at government hospitals for 45 days from delivery and infants will be given free treatment at the hospitals for one year.
- The adolescent children will be provided weekly supplements of Iron and Folic Acid to prevent anaemic diseases in the children.