Government Schemes in India Current Affairs - 2020
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various government schemes, government policies, projects, and government campaign launches such as portal, apps etc. also.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Gujarat government has launched Taluka Planning Atlas (TPA) project.
It was launched by Chief Minister Anandiben Patel at a function held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Taluka Planning Atlas (TPA) project
- This project has been undertaken by the state planning department with the help of director of Economics and Statistics, Gujarat and Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG).
- TPA aims to help the local administration in taking effective decisions about the development in respective regions.
- In this regard, TPA will provide the maps that will give precise information about the current status of various facilities and schemes.
- Under this project, an atlas of 100 maps will be compiled to showcase various facilities as well as government schemes at village level in each taluka.
- It will include precise information about facilities such as number of primary and secondary schools, health centres, dairies, cold storages, post offices, banks, etc.
- It will be implemented in phases. In the first phase, atlas for one taluka each in 33 districts will be prepared and put on state government portal Gswan.
- This atlas has used the information consisting of village profile provided by every village in state as well as taluka panchayat based on various indicators of development since 2010.
Tags: Anandiben Patel • Current Affairs - 2017 • Current Affairs 2016 • Gujarat [GPSC] • Taluka Planning Atlas (TPA) project
India and United States (US) have signed three Memoranda of Understandings (MoUs) on smart cities.
These MoUs were signed by the representatives of United States Trade and Development Agency (USTAD) and the respective Chief Secretaries of State Governments of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh in the presence of Union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu.
These MoU’s seeks to give a boost to Union governments flagship smart cities scheme, by building smart cities in
- Vishakapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- Ajmer in Rajasthan.
- Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh.
US will help each respective state to conduct feasibility studies, finding investors, ways to use the best technology and formulating the plan for building three smart cities.
While, respective state Governments will provide resources like technical information and data related to smart cities planning; staff, logistical and travel support and budgetary resources.