Government Schemes in India Current Affairs - 2020
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various government schemes, government policies, projects, and government campaign launches such as portal, apps etc. also.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Government has launched ambitious Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao(BBBP) campaign to save and empower girl child.
The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Panipat in Haryana.
Why Haryana was chosen to launch Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao campaign?
- Haryana was chosen to launch the nation-wide Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao initiative because of the skewed sex ratio in the state.
- It has one of the lowest Child Sex Ratio in country which stands at 879 girls per 1,000 boys as against the national child sex ratio of 918 girls per 1000 boys.
Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao (BBBP)campaign
- It aims to spread awareness about the declining trend of Child Sex Ratio in the country.
- Objective: To prevent gender biased sex selective elimination by strict enforcement of laws with stringent punishment to violators.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD), is the nodal agency for the implementation of the scheme. While, Centre has provided initial corpus of 100 crore rupees for it.
- It will be implemented in 100 districts of the country, including 12 districts of Haryana.
- In this regard, union government will try to ensure access and availability of essential requirements related to nutrition, health-care, education, protection and elimination of discrimination of girl child.
- This scheme will also generate awareness and improve the efficiency of delivery of welfare services meant for women.
Tags: Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao(BBBP) • Current Affairs 2016 • Government Schemes • Haryana [HPSC] • Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD)
Union government has launched a Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) scheme to preserve and rejuvenate the rich cultural heritage of the country.
Union governments ambitious Rs 500 crore HRIDAY project was launched by Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
In the initial phase, 12 heritage cities have been identified which will be rejuvenated and developed under HRIDAY.
The 12 cities are: Amritsar, Varanasi, Gaya, Puri, Ajmer, Mathura, Dwarka, Badami, Velankanni, Kanchipuram, Warangal and Amaravati.
HRIDAY- Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana
- It aims to bring urban planning, economic growth and heritage conservation together for heritage cities.
- It also seeks beautification in an inclusive and integrated manner with focus on cleanliness, livelihoods, skills, safety, security, accessibility and faster service delivery of heritage cities.
- Heritage management plan (HMP) will be prepared for the identified cities which will outline heritage resources and develop policies to guide their conservation, restoration, future use and development.
- It will seek to improve last-mile connectivity heritage sites by documentation, conservation of areas, providing more facilities for women, senior citizens and differently abled citizens.
- HRIDAY will be dovetailed with the Tourism Ministry’s Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive (PRASAD) scheme which has an outlay of Rs 100 crore for augmentation of infrastructure at pilgrimage sites across the country.