Government Schemes in India
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various government schemes, government policies, projects, and government campaign launches such as portal, apps etc. also.
The Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry has launched new anti-TB (Tuberculosis) drug Bedaquiline
It was launched by the Union Health Minister J P Nadda as part of the TB national programme
Initially the drug will be made available in six public hospitals in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Guwahati and Ahmedabad. Later it will be introduced in 104 districts across five States.
Bedaquiline is a new anti-TB drug for treatment of Multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis. It specifically targets Mycobacterial ATP synthase, an enzyme which is essential for the supply of energy to Mycobacterium tuberculosis and most other mycobacteria.
- The Union Health Minister also has launched CBNAAT (Cartridge-Based Nucleic Acid Amplification Test) diagnostic machines for the quick diagnosis of TB within two hours.
- These machines have revolutionised rapid molecular test which detects Mycobacterium tuberculosis and rifampicin drug resistance, simultaneously.
- It will help in treating patients of TB patients promptly and can be used in remote and rural areas without sophisticated infrastructure or specialized training.
TB India 2016 Annual Report
- The Union Health Minister also released the TB India 2016 Annual Report and the technical and operational guidelines for TB Control in India 2016.
- The comprehensive sets of guidelines are for management of all forms of TB and strategies for intensified case finding.
- These guidelines adhere of more patient centric approaches and single-window care for patients suffering from HIV and TB.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Diseases • Ministry Health and Family Welfare • National • Public Health
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Kisan Suvidha mobile application for farmers to provide agricultural relevant basic information quickly.
Kisan Suvidha is an omnibus mobile app that will provide basic information on subjects such as market prices, seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, weather and agriculture machinery.
- The app has a simple interface and the information will be available in Hindi and English.
- It will provide information on five critical parameters weather, market price, input dealers, plant protection and expert advisories.
- To begin with, a farmer has to register the mobile number, choose a language and also must enter details of the state, district and block or sub-district.
- Weather section: It will show details of humidity, temperature, wind and rainfall for the current day and the forecast for the next five days.
- Additionally, a farmer will be also provided with the extreme weather alerts like hailstorms or unseasonal rains.
- Market price section: It will show latest price of all crops traded in a registered agriculture market or mandi of the particular district.
- Plant protection section: It will give pest, weed and disease-related information as well as management practices for each stage of crop development from nursery to harvesting.
- Agro advisory section: It will show messages for farmers from district agriculture officials and state universities in their local language.
- Kisan call centre: The app also directly connects the farmer with the Kisan call centre where technical graduates answer their queries.