Government Schemes Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various welfare schemes of Government of India and State Governments.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh dedicated two Inter-State road projects in the North-Eastern Region.
- The projects inaugurated were 17.47 km long Doimukh-Harmuti Road which links Assam and Arunachal Pradesh and 1.66 km Tura-Mankachar Road provides connectivity between Assam and Meghalaya.
- The roads were developed under the North East Road Sector Development Scheme which is specially focused on inter-State road connectivity in the region and was constructed by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL).
- The 17.47 km long Doimukh-Harmuti Road linking Assam and Arunachal Pradesh has been completed at a cost of Rs 58.25 crore.
- This 17.47 km stretch provides an important critical transport link in this mountainous terrain across the major rivers Gumto and Gulajoly. Also, river Dikrong flows on the left side of the road.
- 66 km Tura-Mankachar Road which links Assam and Meghalaya has been completed at a cost of Rs. 4.71 Crores.
- The 1.66 km road provides alternative connectivity to Tura and will immensely benefit the people residing in the West Garo Hills District of Meghalaya.
North East Road Sector Development Scheme
North East Road Sector Development Scheme launched during the Financial Year 2015-16 was conceived by the Ministry of DoNER. It is a centrally sponsored scheme for construction/upgradation/ improvement of 433.7 Km long State roads in the North Eastern States of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura.
Tags: Arunachal Pradesh • Assam • Manipur • Meghalaya • Mizoram • Nagaland • National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited • North East • North East Road Sector Development Scheme • River Dikrong • River Gulajoly • River Gumto • Sikkim • Tripura • Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region
The Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan handed over the Seven Croreth LPG connection under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY). The PMUY was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 1st May 2016 with an initial target of five crore LPG connections, which was later revised upward to eight crores connections.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) aims to safeguard the health of women & children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – LPG, so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens or wander in unsafe areas collecting firewood. Under this scheme, LPG connections will be provided to BPL families with a support of Rs.1600 per connection. The connection is provided in the name of the adult women of the family. Further, an option is provided to provide a loan at zero interest to bear the cost of the cooking stove and first refill which has to be paid by the beneficiary.
Some of the significant achievements of the scheme are:
- 7 crore LPG connections have been distributed over a span of 34 months. This comes down to around nearly 69 thousand connections are being released per day.
- 82 per cent PMUY beneficiaries are going for refilling their cylinder and average refilling is about 6.5 cylinders per beneficiary.
- About 42 per cent of the total beneficiaries belong to the SCs and STs.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) has acknowledged the PMUY as ne of decisive interventions by the Indian government to address the indoor air pollution which accounts for nearly 10 lakh (1 million) deaths every year across India.
Intitailly the beneficiaries under the scheme were identified through socio economic caste census, now all the poor of the country are now eligible to get PMUY connection. Further to give a fillip to the scheme 6800 new distributorships were given to strengthen rural LPG supply chain.