National Current Affairs - 2019
Latest India Current Affairs and Current Affairs related to Government policy, polity and administration in India. India’s National Current Affairs updates for 2018.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
WhatsApp and National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) have decided to work together to impart digital literacy for curbing the menace of fake news before the general elections.
Fake News are the stories which appear to be news, spread on the internet or other social media, usually created to influence political views or as a joke.
Imparting Digital literacy to Curb Fake News
- WhatsApp and NASSCOM Foundation will train nearly 1,00,000 Indians to spot false information and provide tips and tricks to stay safe on WhatsApp.
- The training curriculum involves real-world anecdote tools that can be used to verify a forwarded message and actions that users can take including reporting problematic content to fact checkers and other law enforcement agencies will be disseminated in multiple regional languages.
- The training is aimed at educating people throughout India to be mindful of the messages they receive and to verify the facts before forwarding.
- The training will be imparted by volunteers from NASSCOM Foundation through “each one teach three” campaign that mandates every volunteer to share their learnings with three more persons leading to a network effect.
- Further to enhance the reach of the campaign volunteers will post their takeaways from the workshops on their social media handles.
The initiative is aimed at eliminating the miscreants who entice anger and hatred by spreading false and doctored information through technology platforms like WhatsApp.
India’s Sai Praneeth fell short of creating history after losing in the finals of Men’s singles in the Swiss Open Badminton Tournament. Sai Praneeth who had upset World No.5 and Olympic champion Chen Long in the semi-final, lost to Shi Yuqi of China.
Winners of the Swiss Open Badminton Tournament 2019
Men’s Singles: Shi Yuqi (China)
Women’s Singles: Chen Yufei (China)
Men’s Doubles: Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto (Indonesia)
Women’s Doubles: Chang Ye-na and Jung Kyung-eun (South Korea)
Mixed Doubles: Mathias Bay-Smidt and Rikke Soby Hansen (Denmark)
The Swiss Open is an annual badminton tournament held in Switzerland since 1955.
Tags: Chang Ye-na • Chen Yufei • China • Denmark • Fajar Alfian • Indonesia • Jung Kyung-eun • Mathias Bay-Smidt • Muhammad Rian Ardianto • Rikke Soby Hansen • Sai Praneeth • Shi Yuqi • South Korea • Swiss Open Badminton Tournament • Swiss Open Badminton Tournament 2019 • Switzerland