National Current Affairs - 2019
Latest India Current Affairs and Current Affairs related to Government policy, polity and administration in India. India’s National Current Affairs updates for 2018.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet has approved a National Electronics Policy 2019. The Policy aims to position India as a global hub for Electronics System Design and Manufacturing – (ESDM) by encouraging and driving capabilities in the country for developing core components, including chipsets, and creating an enabling environment for the industry to compete globally.
Objectives of the Policy
- Create eco-system for globally competitive ESDM sector and Promoting domestic manufacturing and export in the entire value-chain of ESDM.
- Providing incentives and support for manufacturing of core electronic components in India.
- Providing a special package of incentives for mega projects which are extremely high-tech and entail huge investments, such as semiconductor facilities display fabrication, etc.
- Formulate suitable schemes and incentive mechanisms to encourage new units and expansion of existing units.
- Promote Industry-led R&D and innovation in all sub-sectors of electronics, including grass root level innovations and early stage Start-ups in emerging technology areas such as 5G, loT/ Sensors, Artificial Intelligence (Al), Machine Learning, Virtual Reality (VR), Drones, Robotics, Additive Manufacturing, Photonics, Nano-based devices, etc.
- Providing incentives and support for significantly enhancing the availability of skilled manpower, including re-skilling.
- Special focus on Fabless Chip Design Industry, Medical Electronic Devices Industry, Automotive Electronics Industry and Power Electronics for Mobility and Strategic Electronics Industry.
- Create a Sovereign Patent Fund (SPF) to promote the development and acquisition of IPs in the ESDM sector.
- Promote trusted electronics value chain initiatives to improve national cybersecurity profile.
Several schemes, initiatives, projects and measures for the development of the ESDM sector in the country will be formulated to achieve the objectives of the policy.
Targets under the New Policy
- Promote domestic manufacturing and export in the entire value-chain of ESDM for economic development to achieve a turnover of USD 400 billion (approximately INR 26,00,000 crore) by 2025.
- Targeted production of 1.0 billion (100 crore) mobile handsets by 2025, valued at USD 190 billion (approximately INR 13,00,000 crore), including600 million (60 crore) mobile handsets valued at USD 110 billion (approximately INR 7,00,000 crore) for export.
The implementation of various schemes and programmes under the National Policy on Electronics 2012 (NPE 2012) has successfully consolidated the foundations for a competitive Indian ESDM value chain. The National Electronics Policy 2019 proposes to build on that foundation to propel the growth of the ESDM industry in the country.
Tags: 5G • Additive manufacturing • Artificial Intelligence (Al) • Automotive Electronics Industry • Chip Design Industry • Drones • Electronics System Design and Manufacturing • ESDM • loT/ Sensors • Machine learning • Medical Electronic Devices Industry • Nano-based devices • National Electronic Policy 2019 • National Policy on Electronics 2012 • Photonics • Power Electronics • Robotics • Sovereign Patent Fund • Virtual Reality (VR)
Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal launched
The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched the Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal as part of the women safety initiatives.
Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO)
The Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) is an online module available to law enforcement agencies at all levels, national, state, district and police station.
It allows the state to undertake real-time monitoring and management of cases of rape to be able to complete the investigation in two months.
ITSSO leverages the existing Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems which is a nationwide network enabling sharing of information between Police Stations, State officers and security agencies.
ITSSO will aid in the effective implementation of the Criminal Law Amendment Act, 2018 mandates completion of investigation and trials in rape cases within two months.
Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal
The government had brought in the Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal to monitor the safe city project introduced in the eight cities which are: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. The portal will aid in online tracking of deployment of assets and infrastructure.
The safe city project funded through the Nirbhaya Fund is a joint endeavour of city’s police and municipal bodies, The project involves identifying crime hotspots and saturating them with CCTV cameras, drone-based surveillance and deployment of automated number plate reading (ANPR) equipment through an integrated smart control room.
Tags: Ahmedabad • Bengaluru • Chennai • Criminal Law Amendment Act 2018 • Delhi • Hyderabad • Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences • ITSSO • Kolkata • Lucknow • Mumbai • Nirbhaya Fund • Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal • Union Home Minister • Union Minister for Women and Child Development