Governance & Politics Current Affairs - 2020
Latest India Current Affairs and Current Affairs related to Government policy, polity and administration in India. India’s National Current Affairs updates for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Government has cleared the first batch of projects under the flagship scheme of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) for 89 cities from 3 states.
It was cleared by Union Urban Development Ministry by allocating 2,786 crore rupees to facilitate development projects without any financial delays.
- It is for the first time in India’s urban governance, Union Urban Development Ministry has approved State level development plans unlike the past practice of appraising and approving individual projects.
- The States that are getting benefited from these funds are Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- These 3 states had submitted around 143 projects which have been approved after a reviewing of Union Urban Development Ministry.
About AMRUT Scheme
- It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June 2015 for urban transformation.
- The focus of the urban renewal projects is to establish infrastructure that could ensure adequate robust sewerage networks and water supply.
- Under this scheme: Union Government provides an assistance of 50 per cent of project cost for cities with a population of up to 10 lakhs each.
- It provides one third of project cost for cities with a population of above 10 lakhs each.
- Rest of the project cost has to be borne by the states and urban local bodies.
Tags: AMRUT • Andhra Pradesh [APPSC] • Current Affairs 2016 • Gujarat [GPSC] • Rajasthan
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Indian Police Foundation (IPF) and Indian Police Institute (IPI) in New Delhi.
Both agencies aim at embarking a culture of research and evidence-based policing in India. It also seeks to subjectivity avoid personal errors and biases in decision-making.
They have been set up and registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as an All India Society.
- Indian Police Foundation: It will be a think tank for suggesting reforms in the Indian Police. It will bring together the police professionals, academia and other stake holders and provide a platform to research, ideate, discuss and seek the answers.
- Indian Police Institute: It will be a research and training institute for police officers in the Indian Police for the pursuit of professional excellence. It has been set up in line with the Prime Minister’s vision of a SMART, people-centric and professionally competent police.