Governance & Politics Current Affairs - 2019
Latest India Current Affairs and Current Affairs related to Government policy, polity and administration in India. India’s National Current Affairs updates for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Government has exempted builders from obtaining prior green nod for construction of Universities, School, College and Hostel facilities.
In this regard Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has issued a circular to exempt green nod for educational institutions provided they should follow sustainable environment practises of construction.
These educational institutions are exempted from prior green nod under the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Notification, 2006 subject to sustainable environmental management.
Besides, educational institutes MoEFCC has exempted builders from obtaining prior green nod for construction of industrial sheds. It also exempts godowns and buildings which are connected with production related and other associated activities of the unit in the same premise. It should be noted that industrial sheds as per this circular is a facility being used for keeping plant and machinery of industrial units.
Interestingly, in this circular MoEFCC had clarified that prior environment clearance is mandatorily required for construction of Medical Universities and institutes having hospital facilities.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Education • Environment • Ministry of Environment and Forests
Union Cabinet has given nod to rename Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) as the Renewable Energy Corporation of India (RECI).
Apart from this decision, Union Cabinet also gave approval to SECI to convert into Section 3 Company by applying to the Registrar of Companies (ROC) from a Section 8 Company under the Companies Act, 2013.
This decision will help SECI or renamed entity RECI
- To be a self-sustaining and self-generating organisation.
- Engage in owning solar power plants for generating and selling power.
- Engage in various other segments of solar sector activities including manufacturing of solar products and materials.
This decision was taken after Union Government had decided to enlarge the scope of SECI to cover all renewable energy sources. It was decided in order to provide optimized and comprehensive solutions for generation of renewable energy and integrating various renewable energy sources.
About Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI)
- SECI is a not-for-profit company under Section-25 of the Companies Act 1956.
- Established: 2011 as a facilitation and implementation institution dedicated to Solar Energy sector.
- Operates under: the aegis of Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy,
- Objective: To develop Solar Technologies and ensuring inclusive solar power development throughout India.
- Functions: Facilitate implementation of Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) and achieve the targets set therein.