Governance & Politics Current Affairs - 2020
Latest India Current Affairs and Current Affairs related to Government policy, polity and administration in India. India’s National Current Affairs updates for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet gave its approval for minor amendments in earlier MoU signed to facilitate implementation of Indo-German Strategic Partnerships in Higher Education Programme.
Decision in this regard was taken by Union Cabinet meeting chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
In order to make changes, a Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) between India and Germany will be signed for implementation of Indo-German Strategic Partnerships in Higher Education programme.
Following are the changes
- The term strategic from MoU will be deleted from the title of the programme to make it Indo-German Partnership in Higher Education.
- Funding period of the programme will be changed from 2015-19 to 2016-20. Now it will be from 1 July 2016 to 30 June, 2020.
Indo-German Partnership in Higher Education will help to strengthened education relationship between both the countries through this JDI.
It will enable the higher education institutions of both the countries to mutually benefit by enhancing innovative partnerships in the field of education, research and skill development.
It will also play important role in faculty development and foster advanced research in the identified priority areas of challenges for India education system.
Tags: Cabinet Decisions • Education • India-Germany • Skill development
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Cambodia for bilateral cooperation in the field of tourism.
The MoU was signed during Vice President Hamid Ansari’s visit to Cambodia on September 16, 2015 in order to promote bilateral tourism between the two countries.
It also seeks enhancing investment and promoting exchange of experience in management, marketing and destination development in this field.
Key highlights of MoU
- Expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector along with exchange of data and information related this sector between both countries.
- Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders of both countries including hotels and tour operators.
- Establish platform for exchange of programmes for cooperation in human resources development, investment and hospitality sectors for promotion of two way tourism.
Cambodia is an emerging key tourism source market for India. To tap this potential, Union Government has extended the Electronic Tourist Visa (eTV) facility for citizens of Cambodia.
Signing this MoU with Cambodia will help India to further increase tourist arrivals and elicite good response from the travel trade of both countries.