International Current Affairs - 2019
Latest International Current Affairs 2019 with news summaries and current events in International developments, geopolitical, organizations, groupings and fora related updates for India and world with all important national news updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Bangladesh awarded Former Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister of India Jagjivan Ram, “Friends of Liberation War Honour” posthumously in recognition to his contribution to the 1971 war.
Iran is ready to negotiate over the issue of its uranium enrichment programme. It has offered that it can put a 20% on uranium enrichment if it is assured a regular supply of nuclear fuel for its medical reactor that manufactures isotopes to treat cancer.
What is uranium enrichment?
- Naturally occurring Uranium is composed of two main isotopes and 235U. the percentage of 238U is 99.284% and 235U constitutes only about 0.711% of its weight.
- 235U is fissile with thermal neutrons.
- In order to produce nuclear bomb and naval propulsion highly enriched uranium is required.
- Enriched uranium is a type of uranium in which the percent composition of uranium-235 has been increased through the process of isotope separation. Enriched uranium is also called Oralloy.
What is highly enriched uranium?
- Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) has a greater than 20% concentration of 235U or 233U.
- The fissile uranium in nuclear weapons usually contains 85% or more of 235U known as weapon(s)-grade.
- The very first uranium bomb, Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima in 1945, used 64 kilograms of 80% enriched uranium.