International Current Affairs - 2019
Latest International Current Affairs 2019 with news summaries and current events in International developments, geopolitical, organizations, groupings and fora related updates for India and world with all important national news updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Forum of Young Global Leaders, the World Economic Forum’s foundation for remarkable leaders under 40 has released the list of Individuals with grit, foresight and potential to improve the state of the world for the year 2019.
Indians in the List
- Andhra Pradesh IT minister Nara Lokesh, BJP MP Poonam Mahajan, Xiaomi India head Manu Kumar Jain, Telangana government’s Chief Innovation Officer Phanindra Sama, SaveLife Foundation’s Piyush Tewari and Kaleidofin’s co-Founder Sucharita Mukherjee are the Indians featuring in the list of Young Global Leaders 2019.
- The list of Young Global Leaders 2019 has more than one-half of the new women members and many of the Young Global Leaders are from emerging economies.
- The Young Global Leaders reflect global diversity, innovate to promote the public interest and value authentic exchanges towards public-private cooperation.
- The of Young Global Leaders, the World Economic Forum’s foundation invites them to join a five-year programme, cultivating a generosity of spirit and the recognition that the world can only mirror our hopes if we work together.
The Forum of Young Global Leaders, the World Economic Forum’s foundation for remarkable leaders under 40, was founded to fuel new models of leadership. Young Global Leaders participate in the Annual Meeting of the New Champions, established in 2007 and known informally as “Summer Davos”, alongside Global Growth Companies and other delegations to the World Economic Forum.
Young Global Leaders are united by the belief that the urgent problems of today present an opportunity to forge a better future across sectors, generations and borders.
Tags: Andhra Pradesh • Chief Innovation Officer • Kaleidofin • Manu Kumar Jain • Nara Lokesh • Phanindra Sama • Piyush Tewari • Poonam Mahajan • SaveLife Foundation • Sucharita Mukherjee • Summer Davos • Telangana • World Economic Forum • Xiaomi India • Young Global Leaders • Young Global Leaders 2019
The Indian Embassy in Nepal has announced 200 scholarships to meritorious Nepali students for continuing various undergraduate courses at colleges and universities. The scholarships were granted under the Golden Jubilee Scholarship scheme.
Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
- Golden Jubilee Scholarship scheme was initiated by the Indian Embassy in Nepal to mark the completion of 50 years of India-Nepal Economic Cooperation.
- Initially started by providing scholarships to 50 students, the scholarship scheme has grown over the years.
- This year the scholarship programme covered 36 undergraduate courses including MBBS, BDS, BE, BSc and BBA. The recipients of the scholarships represent 50 districts of Nepal.
- Under the scheme, an MBBS/BDS student receives NRs. 4,000/- per month for five years, a BE student receives NRs. 4,000/- per month for four years and a student studying in other under-graduate courses receives NRs. 3,000/- per month for three years.
- Those provided scholarship included 45 per cent girls and 8 per cent differently-abled students.
- The students hail from 50 districts of Nepal.
The scholarship is scheme is part of the government’s effort to support human resource development along with the overall socio-economic development of Nepal and its people.