International Current Affairs - 2019
Latest International Current Affairs 2019 with news summaries and current events in International developments, geopolitical, organizations, groupings and fora related updates for India and world with all important national news updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The first shipment under the United Nations ‘Transports Internationaux Routiers’ (TIR) convention arrived in India from Afghanistan through Chabahar Port of Iran.
What is Transports Internationaux Routiers’ Convention?
The Transports Internationaux Routiers is an international Convention aimed at harmonising the administrative formalities of international road transport.
The goods being moved through the TIR convention requires the goods to be outlined in a TIR carnet and sealed in load compartments. The customs officials only verify the carnet and check the seal without requiring physical checking of the contents. This enables shipments to pass through countries without being opened at borders.
Reciprocal recognition of customs controls is at the heart of the TIR Convention. The convention enables a facilitative and non-intrusive environment for multi-modal transport of goods through several countries. India had joined the TIR Convention in 2017.
Benefits of the Convention
- The convention acts as a strong catalyst for moving goods using the multi-modal transportation route like Chabahar and International North-South Transport (INSTC) Corridor.
- The convention offers a great opportunity for the landlocked countries by providing seamless border crossing facilitation and intermodal capabilities.
- The convention further aids in the implementation of the Trade facilitation agreement of the World Trade Organisation.
In India, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has been appointed as the National Issuing & Guaranteeing Association.
The Forum of Young Global Leaders, the World Economic Forum’s foundation for remarkable leaders under 40 has released the list of Individuals with grit, foresight and potential to improve the state of the world for the year 2019.
Indians in the List
- Andhra Pradesh IT minister Nara Lokesh, BJP MP Poonam Mahajan, Xiaomi India head Manu Kumar Jain, Telangana government’s Chief Innovation Officer Phanindra Sama, SaveLife Foundation’s Piyush Tewari and Kaleidofin’s co-Founder Sucharita Mukherjee are the Indians featuring in the list of Young Global Leaders 2019.
- The list of Young Global Leaders 2019 has more than one-half of the new women members and many of the Young Global Leaders are from emerging economies.
- The Young Global Leaders reflect global diversity, innovate to promote the public interest and value authentic exchanges towards public-private cooperation.
- The of Young Global Leaders, the World Economic Forum’s foundation invites them to join a five-year programme, cultivating a generosity of spirit and the recognition that the world can only mirror our hopes if we work together.
The Forum of Young Global Leaders, the World Economic Forum’s foundation for remarkable leaders under 40, was founded to fuel new models of leadership. Young Global Leaders participate in the Annual Meeting of the New Champions, established in 2007 and known informally as “Summer Davos”, alongside Global Growth Companies and other delegations to the World Economic Forum.
Young Global Leaders are united by the belief that the urgent problems of today present an opportunity to forge a better future across sectors, generations and borders.
Tags: Andhra Pradesh • Chief Innovation Officer • Kaleidofin • Manu Kumar Jain • Nara Lokesh • Phanindra Sama • Piyush Tewari • Poonam Mahajan • SaveLife Foundation • Sucharita Mukherjee • Summer Davos • Telangana • World Economic Forum • Xiaomi India • Young Global Leaders • Young Global Leaders 2019