International Current Affairs - 2019
Latest International Current Affairs 2019 with news summaries and current events in International developments, geopolitical, organizations, groupings and fora related updates for India and world with all important national news updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Facebook has banned praise, support and representation of white nationalism and white separatism on its platforms. This move had a qualified approval from the recent Christchurch mosque shooting. Further, Facebook has stated that it will direct users who post or search content connected to these ideologies to an organization that helps people leave hate groups.
Social Media platforms were under pressure and criticisms that they have failed to confront extremism. Social Media was under the spotlight after a suspected white supremacist broadcasted live footage of his attacks in Christchurch, New Zealand.
What are White Supremacy, White Nationalism and White Separatism?
White Supremacy is defined as a belief system with tenets like “whites should have dominance over people of other backgrounds, especially where they may co-exist; whites should live by themselves in a whites-only society; white people have their own ‘culture’ that is superior to other cultures; white people are genetically superior to other people.”
White Nationalism is defined as a “euphemism for white supremacy”. Whit Nationalism emphasizes defining a country or region by white racial identity and which seeks to promote the interests of whites exclusively, typically at the expense of people of other backgrounds.”
White Separatism is defined as a form of white supremacy which emphasizes the idea that white people should exist separately from all inferior, non-white races, whether by establishing an all-white community somewhere or removing non-whites from their midst.
Skytrax World Airport Awards which lists the Best 100 Airports of the World was released by the UK-based Skytrax, a consultancy firm which runs an airline and airport review and ranking site. The accolade was awarded at the Passenger Terminal Expo 2019 in London.
Best Airports of World
- Singapore’s Changi Airport has been crowned the world’s best aviation hub for the seventh time in a row. Singapore Changi Airport is well known for its rooftop swimming pool, two 24-hour movie theatres and shopping spots.
- Tokyo International Airport (Haneda), up one place from 2018 stood at the second place. The airport hub also won accolade as World’s Best Domestic Airport and World’s Cleanest Airport.
- Incheon International Airport, down one place from its second-place spot in 2018 is the other entrant at number three. Incheon International Airport also won the accolade for World’s Best Transit Airport.
Indian Airports in the List
- Indira Gandhi International Airport of New Delhi was eight points up this year after featuring at the 66th spot in 2018 and stood at rank 59.
- Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport stood at 64, down one rank from the previous year.
- Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport stood at 66, up 10 ranks.
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport at 69, down five ranks.
The Skytrax World Airport Awards are based on votes of customers in a global airport customer satisfaction survey.
Tags: Bengaluru • Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport • Hyderabad • Incheon • Indira Gandhi International Airport • Kempegowda International Airport • London • Mumbai • New Delhi • Passenger Terminal Expo 2019 • Rajiv Gandhi International Airport • Singapore • Skytrax World Airport Awards • Skytrax World Airport Awards 2019 • Tokyo • World's Best Domestic Airport • World's Best Transit Airport • World's Cleanest Airport