International Current Affairs - 2019
Latest International Current Affairs 2019 with news summaries and current events in International developments, geopolitical, organizations, groupings and fora related updates for India and world with all important national news updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Pakistan government has approved a proposal to establish a corridor which would allow Hindu pilgrims from India to visit Sharda Peeth in the region of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). Sharda Peeth Corridor will be the second corridor to be established after the Kartarpur Corridor which provides access to Gurudwara Darbar Sahib at Kartarpur in Pakistan.
Sharda Peeth is an abandoned Hindu temple and ancient centre of learning in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). The temple is dedicated to goddess Sharada, the Hindu goddess of learning.
Sharada Temple is located at Sharada village and it is here river Kishanganga and two streams Madhmati and Sargun meets. Goddess Sharada is the Kuldevi of Kashmiri pandits. It is also one of the three famous tirthas, or holy sites, for Kashmiri Pandits, the other two being the Martand Sun Temple and the Amarnath Temple.
Sharada Peeth is also revered as one of 18 Maha Shakti Peethas, or “Grand Shakti Peethas” which commemorates the location of fallen body parts of the Hindu deity Sati.
Sharada Peeth is believed to be a foremost centre of learning Between the 6th and 12th centuries CE hosting scholars such as Kalhana, Adi Shankara, Vairostana, Kumarajiva, and Thonmi Sambhota.
The temple is about 150 km from Muzaffarabad capital of PoK and 130 Km from Srinagar currently under the control of Pakistan.
Tags: Adi Shankara • Gurudwara Darbar Sahib • Hindu pilgrims • Kalhana • Kartarpur • Kartarpur corridor • Kumarajiva • Maha Shakti Peetha • Muzaffarabad • Pakistan • Pakistan Occupied Kashmir • PoK • river Kishanganga • Sharda Peeth • Srinagar • Thonmi Sambhota • Vairostana
The government of UAE has launched the Lose to Win Programme to assist the overweight employees in shedding extra kilos and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
About the Programme
- The Programme has been initiated by the Ministry of Health and Prevention of UAE. The programme team comprises nutritionists and health educators from the Ministry.
- The programme encourages those struggling with weight issues to learn how to induce positive changes in their lifestyle.
- The programme involves adopting a healthy diet and engaging in physical activity.
- It aims to help employees to lose excessive weight within eight weeks.
- The programme also includes a workshop on healthy nutrition where the participants are briefed on essential topics, including how to read food labels as well as explaining the make-up of balanced diets.
In the current edition, the programme focuses on the employees of the Ministry of Infrastructure Development.