International Current Affairs - 2019
Latest International Current Affairs 2019 with news summaries and current events in International developments, geopolitical, organizations, groupings and fora related updates for India and world with all important national news updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The United States Department of Justice has released the special counsel Robert Mueller’s report. The report looks into alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 Presidential elections which saw incumbent US President Donald Trump rise to power.
What did the Mueller Report Say?
The report titled “Report on the Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election” makes the following observations:
- The Report says that it was unable to clear US President Donald Trump in the matter, stating that the President’s action and intent “present difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred.
- President Trump’s campaign team knew they would benefit from Russia’s illegal actions to influence the action, but did not take criminal steps to help.
- The report states that the Russian government-sponsored efforts to illegally interfere with the 2016 presidential election, but did not find that the Trump campaign or other Americans colluded in those schemes.
The report has stated that Mueller declined to subpoena the President because it would “delay” the investigation.
Nepal’s first satellite NepaliSat-1 was launched into space from the Virginia-based station of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in the US.
- NepaliSat-1 will start rotating around the Earths orbit to collect information about the country’s topography and Earths magnetic field.
- The satellite also bears the Nepal flag and logo of Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST).
- The satellite is equipped with a 5MP camera to capture Nepal’s topography and a magnetometer to collect data related to the Earth’s magnetic field.
- The images and data will be sent by satellite to the ground station at NAST.
- The satellite was developed by two Nepalis Abhas Maskey and Hariram Shrestha at Japan’s Kyushu Institute of Technology.