Persons in News Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Persons in news Current Affairs 2019. National and International Personalities in news Current Affairs 2019, India and world Persons in news Current Affairs 2019 with all important national updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
BCCI has appointed W V Raman as Indian women’s cricket team coach on 20th December 2017. He was preferred over South African cricketer Gary Kirsten for this position. Gary Kirsten, who is associated with IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore, did not agree to give up his job with RCB which made the selectors choose WV Raman as the coach of the Indian women cricket team.
About W V Raman
- W V Raman Raman has played 11 Tests and 27 ODIs for India and is one of the most qualified coaches in the nation.
- He has coached Ranji Trophy sides like Tamil Nadu and Bengal and the Indian Under -19 cricket team as well.
- He was the first Indian to hit a century in South Africa during the 1992-93 tour.
- Presently, Raman is serving as a batting consultant at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru.
Kapil Dev, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy were the members of the selection committee of the coach for Indian women cricket team. Total 28 candidates had applied for the position. Former coach Ramesh Powar, whose tenure ended last month amid many controversies, also had appeared for the interview for this position.
Shri Harsh Vardhan Shringla has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to the USA on 20th December 2018. Presently, Mr. Shringla is serving as the High Commissioner to the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and will take up the assignment soon. He will be succeeding Navtej Sarna as the ambassador to the United States of America.
About Harsh Vardhan Shringla
- Harsh Vardhan Shringla is a 1984-batch Indian Foreign Service diplomat.
- His diplomatic career spans over 30 years in which he has held various positions in New Delhi and in Indian missions in Paris, Hanoi and Tel Aviv.
- Before being appointed as the ambassador to the US, he has served as the high commissioner in Bangladesh, ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Thailand and Permanent Representative of India to UNESCAP.
- In the Ministry of External Affairs, he has headed the United Nations Political and SAARC Divisions.
Riva Ganguly Das, who is presently the Director General of Indian Council for Cultural Relations will take the position of High Commissioner to Bangladesh.