Persons in News Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Persons in news Current Affairs 2019. National and International Personalities in news Current Affairs 2019, India and world Persons in news Current Affairs 2019 with all important national updates and events for the year 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The well-known Tamil writer and Sahitya Akademi awardee Thopil Mohammed Meeran passed away at the age of 74.
About Thoppil Mohamed Meeran
- In his lifetime he received eight literary awards which includes Sahitya Akademi Award and Tamil Nadu Kalai Ilakkiya Perumantram Award.
- He won the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award in 1997, for his novel Saaivu Naarkkaali (The Reclining Chair), released in 1995.
- Other Novels Authored: are Thuraimugam, Anju Vannam Theru, Oru Kadalora Graamaththin Kathai, and Koonan Thoppu (all between 1988 and 2011).
- His Short Story Collections and extensive translation work, gave him a prominent place in literary world. Some of his short story collections includes Thangarasu, Oru Maamaramum Konjam Paravaigalum, Anbukku Muthumai Illai, Oru Kutti Theevin Varippadam, Ananthasayanam Colony, and Thoppil Mohamed Meeran Kathaigal.
- Forte: Due to his mastery over both Malayalam and Tamil, he could use both languages in his novels effortlessly. This became the speciality of all his literary works i.e. his novels brilliantly narrated the fisherfolk’s life with details in both Tamil and Malyalam.
Tags: About Thoppil Mohamed Meeran • Anju Vannam Theru • Malayalam Novelist • Obituary • Oru Kadalora Graamaththin Kathai • Saaivu Naarkkaali • Sahitya Akademi Award • Tamil Nadu Kalai Ilakkiya Perumantram Award • Tamil Novelist • The Reclining Chair • Thuraimugam
Dr.NR Madhava Menon an educationist, scholar and pioneer of Indian legal education, dies in Thiruvananthapuram at 84 years of age.
About NR Madhava Menon
- He is considered as ‘Father of Modern Legal Education’, for changing the face of Indian legal education.
- He is pioneer in establishment of National Law Schools in India.
- He also conceptualized of five year integrated LLB (or Bachelor of Legislative Law) course, in place of earlier 3-year course.
- He was founder director of National Law School of India University (NLSIU), founded in 1987 in Bangalore. He also headed it for 12 years.
- In 1998 he established West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS).
- Later, he presided as founder director of National Judicial Academy (NJA), Bhopal, till his retirement in 2006.
- In 1994, he was conferred ‘Living Legend of Law Award’ by International Bar Association.
- He was honoured by Padma Shri (India’s fourth highest civilian award), in 2003 for his outstanding contribution to public services.
- He also received ‘Rotary Club Award’ for Vocational Excellence and the Plaque of Honour from Bar Council of India.
- Besides publishing several articles and monographs on a variety of legal subjects, he has also authored many books on Indian legal education, legal profession and judicial training.
- The journey of his life is published in autobiographical narrative ‘The Story of a Law Teacher: Turning Point’, besides publishing several books, articles and monographs on a variety of legal subjects.
Tags: ‘The Story of a Law Teacher: Turning Point • Autobiography • Bar Council of India • Father of Modern Legal Education • National Law School of India University • National Law Schools in India • National University of Juridical Sciences • NR Madhava Menon • Padma Shri