Reports & Indices Current Affairs - 2019
This category comprises Current Affairs 2019-2020 related to various reports and indexes / indices by National and International Bodies and organizations such as World, Bank, World Economic Forum, NITI Aayog and various other educational and research organizations. We also place report highlights of various committees and commissions in this category.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A delegation of Group of Intellectuals and Academicians (GIA) presented a ‘Report from Ground Zero’ on Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh after setting aside of Article 370 & 35A to Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (MoS) in PMO.
The delegation briefed Minister about findings of their observations after field study of situation in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. The briefings included that common man across religions, sections and various professional backgrounds in J&K has expressed happiness about the decision of Government to scrap Article 370.
About Group of Intellectuals and Academicians
GIA was founded in 2015. It is a group of empowered professional Indian women and entrepreneurs, media persons, intellectuals & academicians working together to elevate the position of women in our society, committed to work in service of nation.
Objective: To become the voice of most silent and underprivileged section of our nation with legal and academic support.
Composition: National leaders, distinguished lawyers of Supreme Court, industrialists, sportswomen, writers, poets, President Awardees, principals of colleges, professors of prestigious institutions, directors of institutes, internationally renowned artists/dancers, IT professionals and many others from various fields.
Tags: Article 370 • Group of Intellectuals and Academicians • Jammu & Kashmir • Jitendra Singh • Report from Ground Zero
The Ministry of home Affairs on October 24, 2019, released the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D). The data are being updated to date 01.01.2018.
The report is important for various police analyses and resource allocation in Ministry of Home Affairs as well as at the state level.
Highlights of the report
- Since 2017, there has been increase in Police personnel. Their numbers have increased by 19,686. Also, the strength of CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces) has increased by 16,051.
- The women police strength has increased by 20.95%. Today there are 1,69,550 women police personnel working in different ranks.
- The expenditure spent on training the police personnel has increased by 20.41%
- The Police Population Ratio (PPR) stood at 192.95 policemen per lakh population.
- Around 20,149 family quarters have been constructed for the police personnel
- The Police stations have increased from 15579 to 16422.
- The Cyber Police stations have increased from 84 to 120
- Around 2,10,278 new CCTV cameras have been installed for surveillance