Reports & Indices Current Affairs - 2019
This category comprises Current Affairs 2019-2020 related to various reports and indexes / indices by National and International Bodies and organizations such as World, Bank, World Economic Forum, NITI Aayog and various other educational and research organizations. We also place report highlights of various committees and commissions in this category.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The United Nations report World Economic Situation and Prospects 2019 has been released. The important findings of the report are:
- The report estimates that Global growth is expected to remain steady at 3% in 2019 and 2020, after an expansion of 3.1% in 2018.
- As the impulse from fiscal stimulus in 2018 wanes, Growth in the United States is projected to decelerate to 2.5% in 2019 and 2% in 2020.
- The European Union would witness a steady growth of 2%, even though risks are tilted to the downside, including a potential fallout from Brexit.
- China’s growth is expected to moderate from 6.6% in 2018 to 6.3% in 2019 since policy support would partly offset the negative impact of trade tensions.
- Large commodity-exporting countries, such as Brazil, Nigeria and the Russian Federation, are projected to see a moderate pickup in growth in 2019–2020, albeit from a low base.
The World Economic Situation and Prospects 2019 predicts that a worrisome combination of development challenges could further undermine growth. The report expresses concerns over the sustainability of global economic growth in the face of rising financial, social and environmental challenges.
India’s premier container port Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has become India’s only port to get listed among the top 30 global container ports in Top 100 Container Ports report. JNPT has notched up five spots, to be 28th on the list, compared to its previous ranking.
What made this jump possible?
The Union Ministry of Shipping has outlined the various initiatives at JNPT which has made the jump possible:
- New processes activated under the ‘ease of doing business’ initiative have helped in the overall growth of the port business.
- The new processes also aided the Export-Import trade to save time and cost which in turn have accentuated the growth story.
- JNPT has also launched the app services to facilitate better tracking of consignment and ease the trade process for their EXIM partners.
- The app launched by the JNPT allows traders to access all the relevant information about their consignment and port-related updates regarding traffic and weather on their fingertips.
Top 100 Container Ports Report
Top 100 Container Ports report from Lloyd’s List Containers provides an exclusive analysis of with detailed information on each port and sets out the winners and losers each year.
The report also provides in-depth profiles, analysis, and insight of all 100 facilities, detailing terminals operators, box volumes, recent developments, and pipeline projects.