Science & Technology Current Affairs - 2020
Science & Technology Current Affairs 2019-2020 category comprises current affairs with all important national / international updates in science and tech and events for the year 2019-2020 for UPSC, States, Civil services, SSC and other competitive examinations of India and States.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Project A119, also known as “A Study of Lunar Research Flights”.
- A top-secret plan developed in 1958 by the US Air Force.
- The existence of the project was revealed in 2000.
What was the aim of the Project A119?
- To detonate a nuclear bomb on the Moon to boost public morale in the US after the Soviet Union took an early lead in the Space Race.
Was the project Project A119 ever carried out?
- Project Project A119 was never carried out, because a moon landing would be a much more acceptable achievement in the eyes of the American public than detonating a nuclear bomb on the Moon.
Tags: 2012 • Current Affairs 2012 • December 2012 • US
ISRO is planning to build/import six-tonne ‘K’band satellite.
- The K band will allow higher and faster data transmission on the Internet by at least 2-3 times what ISRO satellites offer at present
- It will suit VSAT operators who support this traffic.
- K band transponder can accommodate far more users more efficiently than ISRO’s older Ku band satellites.
- ISRO sent up GSAT-4 with a K band transponder. However, its homegrown GSLV launcher failed.
- ISRO also built a K-band satellite, called HYLAS-1 (or Highly Advanced Satellite) for a fee for British operator Avanti in a tie-up with Europe’s Astrium.