Science & Technology Current Affairs - 2020
Science & Technology Current Affairs 2019-2020 category comprises current affairs with all important national / international updates in science and tech and events for the year 2019-2020 for UPSC, States, Civil services, SSC and other competitive examinations of India and States.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Canada developed a mechanism for transport of the Canadian Uranium to India. Thus, India succeeded in clearing the mistrust generated on the Canadian side after the nuclear explosion from India in 1974.
Both the sides were successful inking the agreement on the mechanism of shipment of the Canadian Uranium to India for the first time after 1974. The nuclear cooperation agreement was inked b/w the two nations two years ago but their remained hurdles of mistrust on the Canadian side of how would India use the uranium provided by Canada in its nuclear power plants. After crossing over the hurdles it’s now believed that the shipment of Uranium to India would benefit India as it would bring millions of dollars in the new business and would create quality jobs in India.
What happened in 1974?
The Story of 1974:
Tags: 2012 • Current Affairs 2012 • India-Canada • November 2012 • Rajasthan
SARAL (Satellite with ARgos and ALtiKa)
With the launch of SARAL satellite carrying AltiKa and an Argos-3 instrument2 is scheduled to be launched on December 2012 and with this the remote sensing ability of the country will get a boost up.
The SARAL Mission:
The SARAL-Altika mission is a combined effort of ISRO and the French Space Agency (CLS).
- CLS, a subsidiary of CNES (French Space Agency ‘Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales’).
- The satellite will map the variability of the sea level.
- It will also provide data to support operational research in marine meteorology and sea state forecast as well as seasonal forecast.
- The satellite will be carrying the ARGOS system for CLS and that will help in the transmission of data from Argo floats.
- The mission is complementary to the Jason-2 mission of NASA/NOAA and CNES/EUMETSAT.
- It will fill the gap b/w Envisat and the Sentinel 3 mission of the European GMES program.
Firstly lets see some terms:
What is an Altimeter?