Science & Technology Current Affairs - 2020
Science & Technology Current Affairs 2019-2020 category comprises current affairs with all important national / international updates in science and tech and events for the year 2019-2020 for UPSC, States, Civil services, SSC and other competitive examinations of India and States.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine (ACEM) was inaugurated by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi. The conference will be held from 7-10 November 2019. This is the first time that the biennial conference is being held in India.
Key Highlights of Conference
Objective: The conference intends to aim at lectures, discussions and talks on affordable emergency care for all sections of the society, bridging gaps in healthcare and creating a positive impact on society.
Mission: To promote High standards of diagnosis and management of Acute and critical aspects of illness and injury affecting patients of all ages as well as to promote Academic and scientific activity in the field of Emergency Medicine.
Participants: Over 2000 emergency medicine experts from over 32 distinct nations are participating in the conference. Eight keynote speakers, including a specialist in emergency and injury or trauma-care from the World Health Organization (WHO) will also speak at ACEM 2019.
It is organized by Asian Society for Emergency Medicine (ASEM) and Society for Emergency Medicine India (SEMI) in support of other organizations to build strategies for emergency care across Asia.
Need of the Hour: For improving architecture of emergency medicine in India-
- To invest in providing timely and high-quality Emergency Health Services (EHS) in India.
- To include Emergency medicine and trauma care in curriculum of Undergraduate courses and train them to deal with other emergencies like accidents, heart attacks, natural calamities, and others.
- To train Medical students to deal with the whole gamut of situations relating to emergency medicine.
- To create a well-structured Emergency Medical services to save lives during medical emergencies.
- To work on bystander training and protocols for trauma resuscitation.
There is a also need to develop programs and manuals to train citizens in emergency first aid procedures like Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). This could help in saving a life while waiting for emergency services.
Emergency Medicine experts must also collaborate with government in developing standardized treatment manuals for all hospitals dealing with emergency and trauma cases in the country.
Governments Effort: The Government of India has made it mandatory for all medical college hospitals to have full-fledged Emergency Departments by 2022 with an aim to improve trauma care.
Tags: ACEM • Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine • Emergency Health Services • M Venkaiah Naidu • Vice President
NASA’s Voyager 2 has exited heliosphere and has entered interstellar space. It is now at 11 billion miles from the earth. Information from the spacecraft takes 16.5 hours to reach earth at the speed of light. (Light from the sun takes 8 minutes to reach earth)
The spacecraft joined its twin voyager 1 on December 10, 2018. The Voyagers were launched to study the outer solar system up close. Voyager 2 will target Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus.
Till November 5, 2019, the space around the spacecraft was surrounded by plasma flowing out from the sun. This outflow is called solar wind and envelopes the planets in the solar system. However, recently, scientists detected no electrical current of plasma to detect density, pressure, temperature. This confirms that the spacecraft has left the heliosphere and entered inter stellar space.
- Voyager 2 is the first spacecraft to study all four planets together. It includes Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn and Uranus
- It is the first spacecraft that discovered 14th moon of Jupiter.
- It is the first human-made object to fly by Neptune
- Voyager 2 also discovered 5 moons of Neptune. It identified a “Great Dark Spot” at Neptune. Also the spacecraft discovered that there are four rings around Neptune.