Sports Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Sports Current Affairs 2019 for National and International sports and tournaments, awards, trophies and cups related to cricket, football, tennis and other sports for UPSC, SSC, States, Civil services and other competitive examinations.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
For the first time in world cup history, each participating team at upcoming ICC World Cup 2019 will have a dedicated anti-corruption officer attached with it. The move is to deliver a corruption-free tournament.
- About: The International Cricket Council (ICC) will attach an anti-corruption official to all the 10 participating teams. The officer will be with each team starting from warm-up matches till the end of World cup tournament.
- Previous Structure: Earlier, the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Anti-Corruption Unit had its personnel deployed at each venue, means that participating teams had to deal with a number of officials over course of a tournament.
- New Structure: Now, the same anti-corruption official will be assigned to a team from warm-up matches (start of competition) till end of the competition. They will be staying in same hotel as that of players and also travelling with them to training and matches.
- Significance: The move is aimed at delivering a corruption and fixing free World Cup. By being with teams throughout the competition, it is possible that officials would be in better position to spot any potential corruptors who lurk might near players or back-room staff and thus identify any behaviour that may be seem suspicious to them.
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) recently announced that for the first time in history an all-female referee team will take charge of a Men’s Continental Club Cup clash.
- For the first time in AFC history, three Japanese female referees namely Naomi Teshirogi, Mokoto Bozono and Yoshimi Yamashita will officiate a men’s AFC Cup match.
- The trio will also be among 12 officials from the AFC to officiate the FIFA Women’s World Cup in June 2019.
- The AFC Cup match officiated by them will be between Naga World (Cambodia’s team) and Yangon United (Myanmar’s team) at the Thuwunna Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
- Importance: In past Women officials were only employed as assistant referees in AFC Cup matches. It was in 2014 when Australians Alysson Flynn and Sarah Ho became first female assistant referees in AFC Cup matches. This new decision by club marks a new milestone in Asian refereeing.
About The AFC Cup
- It is an International association football competition. It was founded in 2004.
- It is held annually between different domestic clubs run by Asian Football Confederation (AFC). Every year around 36 teams participate in competition.
- It is second-string (means second choice) Asian club competition, just one position below AFC Champions League.
- The AFC Cup 2019 is the 16th edition of AFC Cup.
Tags: AFC • AFC Cup 2019 • Alysson Flynn • Asian Club Competition • Asian Football Confederation • FIFA Women's World Cup • Men's Continental Club Cup clash • Mokoto Bozono • Naomi Teshirogi • Sarah Ho • Thuwunna Stadium • Yoshimi Yamashita