States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The government of Gujarat has launched the second edition of the water conservation scheme Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan.
Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan
- The scheme aims to deepen water bodies in the state before monsoon to increase storage of rainwater to be used during times of scarcity.
- The scheme involves cleaning and desilting of riverfronts.
- Sprucing up of Irrigation canals.
- The state government has increased its financial contribution for the scheme to 60 per cent, which meant private groups getting involved would have to give only the remaining 40 per cent.
During the first edition against its anticipated target of 16,616 works of deepening of ponds and lakes across the state, 18,220 works were accomplished. The first edition witnessed an increase in the water storage capacity of more than 11,000 lakh cubic feet rainwater through different sources like ponds, reservoirs, check dams, bori bandh and other.
The desilting had also generated a huge amount of loose/soil or clay which can be used by farmers to increase agricultural productivity.
The government of Madhya Pradesh has launched the Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana to provide employment for youth.
Features of the Scheme
- The scheme guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youths from economically weaker sections (EWS).
- The youth would get Rs 4,000 stipend per month and total Rs 13,500 for the 100 days period would be provided.
- During this period, they would be given skill development training, so that they become independent.
- The scheme defines Economically weaker sections as those whose family’s annual income is less than Rs 2 lakh and the scheme is limited to youth in the age group 21-30 years.
The government has stated that already about 1.5 lakh urban youths have registered themselves for this scheme. The government further aims to invite companies to provide full-time employment to trained youths under the scheme. The scheme has been launched by the government of Madhya Pradesh to enhance the employment opportunities for youth.