States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The government of Odisha has launched the KALIA Chhatra Bruti scholarship for the children of farmers. The Scholarship is under the KALIA, Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation, a scheme for financing farmers in Odisha.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Students should be the children of KALIA beneficiaries
- They should be studying in government professional colleges on merit.
The government has launched the ‘KALIA Chhatra Bruti’ programme so that the children of the farmers excel in the future.
Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation
Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) is a support scheme of Odisha whose primary targets are small farmers, cultivators and landless agricultural labourers. The features of the scheme are:
- Under the Scheme, Odisha would spend Rs 10,180 crore over three years until 2020-21 in providing financial assistance to cultivators and landless agricultural labourers benefitting 92% of the cultivators in the state and including every category from big farmers to landless cultivators.
- The government would provide Rs 10,000 per family as assistance for cultivation, Rs 5,000 each in the Kharif and Rabi seasons, for five cropping seasons between 2018-19 and 2021-22.
- The financial assistance under the scheme is not linked to the quantum of land owned.
- The scheme also targets landless households, specifically SC and ST families; They will be supported with a unit cost of Rs 12,500 for activities like goat rearing, mushroom cultivation, beekeeping, poultry farming and fishery.
- The Scheme also provides a life insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh and additional personal accident coverage of the same amount for 57 lakh households.
- The Scheme also proposes interest-free crop loans up to Rs 50,000.
KALIA scheme was introduced by the government of Odisha as an alternative to the demand of farm loan waiver. KALIA scheme strives to target rural activities as a whole by supporting farming on a small scale, sharecropping, fishing and animal herding which doesn’t get covered under loan waiver schemes.
West Indies star batsman Chris Gayle has announced his retirement from the ODI format after the 2019 World Cup.
About Chris Gayle
- Chris Gayle has played 284 ODIs in his 19-year long career. He has scored 9,727 runs at an average of 37.12.
- He has scored 49 fifties and 23 centuries at a strike rate of 85.52.
- The explosive batsman is the second-leading ODI run scorer just behind the legendary Brian Lara.
- He holds the record for most centuries (23) by a West Indian in the ODI format.
- He is the only West Indian player to score a double ton and the first to score at a World Cup
- Gayle has been included in the team for the up-coming ODI Series against England. Last time he featured in the national team was in July 2018 against Bangladesh.
About ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
The ICC Cricket World Cup is the international championship of One Day International cricket. The tournament is held every four years and is organized by the International Cricket Council or the ICC. The 2019 Cricket World Cup will be the 12th edition and is scheduled to be held in England and Wales from 30th May to 14th July 2019. The last World Cup was held in 2015 in Australia and New Zealand. Australia is the defending Champion of the trophy.