States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
35th National Games mascot Ammu- the Great Hornbill, has made into the Limca Book of Records.
It made into the record books owing to a play Kalikkunna Kuttikalkkayi Bharatham Kathirikkunnu (India Awaits Children Who Play) in which Ammu is featured as lead role.
According to the Limca Book’s 2015 Special Literature Edition, this play is about a mascot, which had been staged in most number of schools. By 9 April 2014, the play had been staged in 147 schools across seven districts of Kerala.
Kalikkunna Kuttikalkkayi Bharatham Kathirikkunnu is scripted and directed by theatre artist Anil Karetee and enacted by a team of police officers. It was envisaged to promote sports among children and persuade them to take up sports along with academics.
About Ammu- the Great Hornbill mascot
- Ammu- the Great Hornbill is official mascot 35th National Games held in Kerala. Designed by Rakesh.
- The Great Hornbill is the State bird of Kerala and was selected as the Games Mascot to reflect state’s concern for conservation of this species which is facing extinction.
- It is also expresses Kerala’s concern to preserve its rain forests and regenerate the lost habitat of this precious bird.
- The feminine name Ammu was chosen for the mascot as a tribute to the women of Kerala and is a reminder that Kerala is proud to have a gender ratio which is tilted in favour of women – the only State in India.
Election Commission of India (ECI) has declared the results of Delhi Legislative Assembly election 2015.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) headed by social activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal with 67 seats has emerged as the largest party in the house of 70 seats.
Arvind Kejriwal is going to take oath as Chief Minister on 14 February 2015 at Ramlila Maidan, Delhi.
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) – Won record 67 seats with record vote share of 54.2% percent. It should be noted that AAP 1st party in Delhi to win with record 67 seats with more than 50% vote share in history of assembly elections.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – Won 3 seats with vote share of 32.3% percent.
- While other big parties like Indian National Congress (INC), Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) etc were not able to win single seat in this election.
2015 Delhi Legislative Assembly election was held on 7 February 2015 to elect 70 members of the Delhi Legislative Assembly. Voter turnout for this election was recorded 67.14%, it was highest voter turnout in history of Delhi Legislative Assembly elections.
In this election Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Indian National Congress (INC) had contested 70 seats. While, Bharatiya Janata Party had contested 67 seats and its ally Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) had contested 3 seats.