States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The centenary celebration of Patna High Court was inaugurated on 18 April 2015 by President Pranab Mukherjee.
He also released a commemorative postage stamp on this occasion to mark HC’s glorious judicial history.
Bihar Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi was in the chair and Chief Justice of India (CJI) H.L. Dattu was guest of the honour on this occasion.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Union Law Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda and Union IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad also had attended the function.
Facts about Patna High Court
- On 1 December 1913, then Viceroy of India, Lord Charles Hardine had laid the foundation stone of the existing Patna High Court building.
- On 3 February 1916, the building was formally opened by Lord Hardine. The court had started functioning with a chief justice and 6 judges under the provisions of Government of India Act 1915.
- At present it has sanctioned strength of 43 judges.
- Rajendra Prasad, India’s first President and Sachchidanand Sinha, first president of the constituent assembly also had practised at this court.
- 3 Chief Justices from Patna High Court went on to become the Chief Justice of India (CJI). They are Justice B.P. Sinha (6th CJI), Justice Lalit Mohan Sharma (24th CJI) and Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha (41st CJI).
Maharashtra government on 18 April 2015 set up a task force on agriculture development and poverty alleviation to address the issues.
It will be 12-member panel for agriculture development and will be headed by the state’s additional chief secretary (Agriculture).
Members: Secretaries of the departments of finance, planning, water conservation, water resources, forest, cooperation, dairy development will be its members.
Task force for poverty alleviation
State government also has set up another task force for poverty alleviation. It will be headed by principal secretary (Social Justice Department).
Members: Secretaries of departments of tribal development, rural development, finance, housing, urban development, labour and public health will be its members.
During the first meeting of National Institution for Transformation of India (NITI) Aayog held in February 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had suggested to all state governments to set up panels for agriculture development and poverty alleviation to address the issues.