States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Gujarat government on 16 April 2015 formed a task force to make strategy and provide suggestions on poverty elimination in the state.
The task force will work in the direction to device an effective strategy to make sure that benefits of various schemes reach needy citizens.
- Chairman: Ramanlal Vora Gujarat’s Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Members: Saurabh Patel, State Finance Minister.
- Mangubhai Patel, Forest and Environment Minister.
- Principal Secretary, General Administrative departments will be member.
- Task force also has been given power to add invited members.
Mrs. Meenakshi Madan Rai was sworn in as the first lady judge of the Sikkim High Court.
Governor of Sikkim Srinivas Patil administered the oath of office to her at Raj Bhavan in Gangtok.
After taking oath of office, she took charge as judge. With this Sikkim High Court again got its full strength of three judges after a gap of about one year.
It should be noted that Mrs. Rai is also the third High Court judge who hails from Sikkim.
About Sikkim High Court
- Sikkim High Court was established under Article 371-F which was added in Constitution by Constitutional (Thirty-Sixth Amendment) Act, 1975.
- Seat of the court: Gangtok.
- Sanctioned Judge strength: 3.
- Incumbent Chief Justice: Pius C Kuriakose.