States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Gujarat government has launched industrial tourism package to promote its development by showcasing its major industrial installations which have earned global acclaim for state.
It is a first of its kind initiative India, offered by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd (TCGL) in collaboration with Ahmedabad based Akshar Travels Pvt Ltd.
The tour package is called as Industrial Tour of Gujarat and will cover some of the major industrial attractions of the state. It includes Tata Nano plant in Sanand, Amul Dairy in Anand, Alang ship breaking yard in Bhavnagar and Pipavav port near Amreli.
It will also include Mrbi-based ceramic industry, Tata Chemicals factory in Mithapur, Asia’s biggest Ajanta clock factory, Reliance Refinery in Jamnagar.
The package will also take tourists to salt pans near Okha and Kadi in Mehsana, which has the highest number of cotton gins in Asia.
Renowned Tamil Muslim devotional singer EM Hanifa passed away on 9 April 2015 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was 90.
He was well-known for his number of devotional songs and was a leading propagandist of Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) Party for more than five decades.
About EM Hanifa
- EM Hanifa hailed from pilgrim town of Nagore in Nagapattinam district of Tamil Nadu.
- His voice had transcended religious lines and Iraivanidam Kaiyenthungal (look up to God he never says no) song of him was an evergreen which was liked by all crossing across religious barriers.
- Apart from lending his voice for religious songs he was also well-known singer for popularizing the Dravidian ideals.
- Political career- He was a member of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Council (now defunct) in the early 1970s.
- In 2002, he had contested as a DMK Candidate from Vaniyambadi but was not able to win.