States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A three party MoU was signed between Union Ministry of Textiles, Maharashtra government and National Textile Corporation on 5 April 2015 for transfer of land for construction of the memorial for Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Union textile minister Santosh Gangwar in New Delhi.
The agreement will
- Pave the way for construction of memorial on the 12 acre land adjacent to the Chaityabhoomi in the Indu Mills Compound which belongs to the National Textiles Corporation (NTC).
- Facilitate the transfer the land of NTC to the state government as per section 11 of The Textile Undertakings Nationalisation Act-1995 which mentions that it can be transferred with prior permission of Union government.
The memorial will be constructed on the site where the last rites of architect of the Indian Constitution, Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar were performed after he had died on December 6, 1956.
West Bengal and Bihar Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi took additional charge of Mizoram . He was sworn in as 16th Governor of Mizoram on 4 April 2015.
Justice Michael Zothankhuma of the Gauhati High Court administered oath of office to him at Raj Bhavan in Aizawal.
Tripathi was given additional charge of Mizoram after Union Government had sacked then Governor Aziz Qureshi.
About Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Tripathi was member of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly for six times and had represented BJP.
- He also had served as the Speaker of the UP Legislative Assembly three consecutive times in 1991, 1997 and 2002.
- He also had held position of Cabinet Minister from 1977-1979 in UP Government.
- Tripathi had practised as a lawyer in the Allahabad High Court from 1956. From 1987 to 1989, he was the President of the Allahabad High Court Bar Association.
Article 153 of Constitution- It says that there shall be Governor for each state. 7th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1956 facilitated the appointment of the same person as a governor for two or more states.