States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Andhra Pradesh government has approved Amaravathi as name of the new capital city of the state coming up in the Vijayawada-Guntur region.
The name Amaravathi was chosen in view of the historical and spiritual significance as it was ancient seat of Satavahana ruler’s kingdom.
Decision in this regard was taken by Andhra Pradesh Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu. Apart from this, cabinet also approved the first phase of the master plan prepared by Singapore government.
Facts about ancient Amaravathi city
- Amaravathi is located on the banks of river Krishna. It was the capital seat of Satvahana rulers for 400 years who ruled 2nd century BCE to 3rd century CE.
- The city derives its name from Lord Amareswara temple in the village. It is also known as ‘Dakshina Kashi’ (Kashi of the south).
- It also has Buddhist significance. It is believed that Lord Buddha had visited the city. It is also believed that King Ashoka and famed Chinese traveller Hsuan Tsang have visited the city.
Odisha Government on 1 April 2015 launched ‘Aahar’- cheap meal scheme for providing subsidised food to urban poor.
It was launched by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar on the occasion the foundation day of the state i.e. Utkala Dibasa.
Facts about Aahar- cheap meal scheme
- It aims at providing meal at Rs. five to the urban poor.
- In the first phase scheme was launched simultaneously in five cities of state including Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Cuttack, Berhampur and Sambalpur.
- The subsidised meals will be provided at four crowded places each in these five cities to people visiting urban areas for various work
Following companies have sponsored the scheme in particular city
- Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) in Rourkela.
- Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) in Sambalpur.
- Tata Steel in Berhampur.