States Current Affairs
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Odisha government has approved a new policy for ‘Housing for All’ in urban areas of state.
The new policy was approval of the State Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar.
- The policy aims to work towards strategies for creating a steady supply of affordable housing stock in order to cater to the growing demands.
- It envisages provisions enabling framework for implementation of affordable housing projects, redevelopment and slum rehabilitation projects in order to facilitate development of housing schemes in urban areas.
- People belonging to Low Income Group (LIG) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) would benefit from the policy.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Government policy • Odisha
Acharya Dev Vrat was sworn in as the Governor of Himachal Pradesh at oath taking ceremony held in Raj Bhawan, Shimla.
He is 27th Governor and 18th regular Governor of the Himachal Pradesh, since it was granted full statehood in 1971.
Vrat took his oath of office in Sanskrit and it was administered by Chief Justice of the Himachal High Court, Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir as per provisions of Article 159 of Constitution.
About Acharya Dev Vrat
- Acharya Dev Vrat is an eminent educationist and hails from Haryana. He was born on 18 January 1959.
- He holds double post-graduate in History and Hindi from the Punjab and Kurukshetra University, respectively. He also has studied Naturopathy and Yogic Science.
- He has served as Principal (Pracharya) in Samprati Gurukul, Kurukshetra for 34 years and had been actively involved in social activities including girl’s education, promotion of Yoga, Ayurveda and naturopathy and environment protection.
- He has also authored several books including Gurukul Kurukshetra ka Gauravshali Itihaas, Swasthya ka Anmol Marg – Prakritik Chikitsa (Hindi and English editions) besides, editing various magazines and translation works.