States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
With the inauguration of Nagpur Metro, Nagpur has become the second city of the state of Maharashtra after Mumbai to get a Metro Rail.
- PM inaugurated a 13.5-kilometre stretch comprising five stations from Khapri to Sitabuldi.
- The Nagpur Metro consists of two corridors with a total length of 38 kilometres.
- The two corridors will comprise of 38 stations, two depots and a fleet of 69 metro cars.
- To emphasise on Women Safety and empowerment each train will comprise of a special “Nari Shakti” women’s coach.
- Nagpur Metro is also hailed as the green Metro since 65% of its electricity consumption from solar energy.
- Nagpur Metro has earned ₹51 crore from stamp duty and ₹6.87 crore from Transfer of Development rights even before the start of passenger operations.
The population of the city of Nagpur is projected to double by 2050. Hence it was imperative to equip the city with 21st-century infrastructure, and the Metro Rail is one step in that direction.
The Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee has unveiled a new scheme Yuvashree Plan II or Yuvashree Arpan to encourage entrepreneurship among youth.
Under the Yuvashree Arpan Scheme around fifty thousand Youths who have passed out of ITI or other polytechnic institutes will be eligible to get financial support of Rs One Lakh from the state MSME department to set up their own business initiatives.
The Chief Minister of West Bengal has laid the foundation stone for the state’s first Hindi University at Arupara, Howrah.
Yuvashree I was launched by the labour department of the state of West Bengal. Under the scheme, an unemployment allowance of Rs 1500 per month was provided per month to 1,00,000 unemployed youth.