States Current Affairs - 2020
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Planning Commission and the Uttar Pradesh govt together finalized Annual Plan for Uttar Pradesh of Rs 69200 crore for the financial year 2013-14.
The Funding Process is bifurcated in 2 parts:
The Plan funding from the Central Government to the State of Uttar Pradesh from all sources is expected to be over Rs.30000 crore during 2013-14.
- This includes central assistance to the State Plan of about Rs 11225 crore.
- An amount of about Rs 18000 crore is likely to flow from the Centre to U.P. through various Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
Performance of the Uttar Pradesh (UP) during 11th Five Year Plan:
- In the financial year 2012-13, growth rate of Uttar Pradesh was better than the national growth. The national average growth was 5%, whereas, average growth rate of Uttar Pradesh was 5.4 %
- Industry and Service sector achieved the growth rate of 2.8 and 7.6 % respectively.
- Growth rate in agriculture achieved by the state was 2.6 %
- The social indicators of Uttar Pradesh during the 11th Five Year Plan were positive.
- The state was successful in establishing the economic activity by focusing on the development of social and physical infrastructure.
During the 12th Five Year Plan, the state needs to get rid of its dependency on the ground water for irrigation purposes. It needs to improve on the share of industry sector. The latest industrial policy is an initiative to get out of these impediments.
Uttar Pradesh 12th Five Year plan focus:
- Development of economic infrastructure and more than 20% of the outlay would be used for this sector.
- Time bound implementation of national flagship programs and effective implementation of agriculture policy.
- Encourage private participation by creating an atmosphere conducive to investment.
- The infrastructure and industrial policy is being implemented to attract private investment and all district headquarters are being connected by 4 lane roads by the end of the plan while all 500 plus habitations will be connected with all-weather roads in two years.
- Optimum utilization of limited water resources while planning for five per cent growth in agriculture.
- Education & Health should be given priority while working out development strategy
- Construction of 300 bridges and 100 ROB in the State with the help of PPP mode for these projects so that they could avail the benefits under Viability Gap Funding Scheme.
Tags: Agriculture • Current Affairs 2013 • Planning Commission • Uttar Pradesh [UPPSC]
The Election Commission of India will conduct KABP (Knowledge, Attitude, Behaviour and Practice of Voters) Baseline Survey in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in all the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies of Tamil Nadu.
The survey which will be conducted by the State Elections Department will seek to determine what motivates electors to exercise their franchise and what deters them. It will
In each constituency, one Assembly segment will be chosen through random sampling. One hundred and twenty five electors will be interviewed. Totally, 4,875 persons will be covered.
The baseline survey is part of the national programme of the Election Commission and the findings of the proposed survey will be useful in designing and planning the Commission’s campaign of information, education and communication (IEC) at the time of the polls, due for 2014.
Baseline and endline surveys are part of the Commission’s programme of Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP), which is being given greater thrust after the 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
One of the major reasons behind the launch of the programme was that at the all-India level, 30 crore electors did not cast votes in 2009. [However, in Tamil Nadu, the turnout was high with about 73%].