States Current Affairs
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its nod to a 10% stake sale of the Centre’s equity holding in NMDC (National Mineral Development Corporation) through the ‘offer for sale’ route. The sale is expected to fetch about Rs.7,000 crore.
The selling will be through ‘Offer for the sale through stock exchange’ (OFS) method, as per SEBI Rules and Regulations. The step is in line with government’s aim to achieve disinvestment Govt target of Rs.30,000 crore for 2012-13.
- India’s largest iron ore producer and exporter.
- Operates from 3 fully mechanized mines in Chhatisgarh and Karnataka.
- Operates the only mechanised diamond mine in Asia at Panna in Madhya Pradesh.
Tags: 2012 • Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) • Current Affairs - 2017 • Current Affairs 2012 • Madhya Pradesh [MPPSC]
The Election Commission put a ban on the publication/broadcast kind of opinion poll during the period of assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh.
As per EC there will be complete ban on display of any election matter like opinion poll or any other poll survey, in any electronic media, during the period of 48 hours till the conclusion of poll.
Is this decision supported by the Law?
- The decision taken by EC is in accordance with Section 126 of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 which prohibits display of any election matter by means of television or similar apparatus, during the period of 48 hours till conclusion of poll in a constituency.
What is ‘Election Matter’?
- ‘Election matter’ is defined as any matter intended or calculated to influence or affect the result of an election, trespass of which under Section 126 of the Representation of People Act, 1951, is punishable with imprisonment up to a period of 2 years, or with fine or both.