States Current Affairs - 2019
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 22nd AIIMS would come up in Haryana. The announcement was made regarding this at the Interim Budget 2019. The AIIMS would be established at Manethi village in Haryana’s Rewari district.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is the autonomous institutions set up under the act of parliament. The All India Institute Of Medical Sciences Act, 1956 provides for the establishment of AIIMS as Institute of National Importance.
Objectives of AIIMS
- To develop a pattern of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India.
- To bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of the personnel in all important branches of the health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education.
Functions of AIIMS
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical biological sciences.
- Nursing and Dental education.
- Innovations in education.
- Producing medical teachers for the country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Health care : preventive, promotive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
- Community based teaching and research
AIIMS Institutions aims to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India and to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.
The Cooperatives Department of Maharashtra has decided to appoint managers at six major cities across the country to enhance agribusiness between cooperatives in Maharashtra and other States.
Maharashtra has a surplus of products such as onion, tomato, grapes, pomegranate, mangoes and raisins. These are traded in other states and in the process the traders accumulate the huge profits while the farmers are paid low due to the surplus production in the state.
To bridge the mismatch and ensure a better price for farmers and reduced burden on consumers, the Maharashtra government would appoint Managers at the cities Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai, New Delhi, Chandigarh and Jaipur to look for business opportunities in other States.
Strengthening the Cooperatives
The Maharashtra government would strengthen the farmers cooperatives in the state to revive and enhance the collection and trading capabilities of cooperative institutions. The strengthening of cooperatives would be through two step prolonged strategy:
- Old cooperatives, which have been in the State since the 1950s, are being revived with the help of the new strategy and funding from institutions such as the World Bank.
- Provide an air freight subsidy on a pilot basis to carry high-value agricultural produce to the North East, Sikkim and Jammu & Kashmir, which will build up the appetite and demand from local markets.
The cooperatives will sell supply fruits and vegetables directly to similar cooperatives institutions in other States. The profits would be retained by the cooperatives owned by the farmers.