States Current Affairs - 2020
Current Affairs 2019-2020 of all States with latest updates. Current Affairs will list latest developments, issues in all states and may be useful for State PCS / Civil services examinations of various states of India.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Haryana Government has created a new department called Department of Foreign Cooperation. The aim of the department is to focus on initiatives that are taken by the state that promotes welfare of non-Resident Indians, investment and youth employment.
- The Foreign Cooperation Department will work to formulate country-wise strategies that will promote employment and investment in the state
- The Department will work closely with the ministry of External Affairs to improve the international cooperation with the foreign provinces.
- The Department will also help to increase engagement under twin city programmes of the Ministry of External Affairs
- The Department will pursue issues that involves cooperation between public and private sectors.
- The main aim of the Department will be to work with bilateral and multilateral groups to promote the interest of the state in foreign countries.
- It will focus on trade and investments predominantly
- The Department will also maintain relations with Indian mission that are working abroad in matters that are related to the state of Haryana.
Tags: Foreign Investment • Foreign Trade • Haryana [HPSC] • Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) • Trade
Assam Olympic Association (AOA) has launched new programme- ‘Grassroot Olympic – Mission Talent Hunt’ to identify and groom sports talent in the state. Its launch was annouced by Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal during the executive committee meeting of AOA. Sarbananda Sonowal is President of AOA and minister of state (MoS) for health Pijush Hazarika is its vice-chairman.
Key decisions taken at Executive committee meeting of AOA
AOA constituted various sub-committees and commissions for the Khelo India Youth Games. The tournament is scheduled to be held in Assam from January 10-22, 2020. It was decided that AOA will organise sports events in 5 categories covering players from 10 to 60 years of age in the state.
It also constituted committee under the chairmanship of vice-chairman of AOA. This committee is responsible for interacting with grassroot level sports organizations, clubs, sports organizers. It will prepare a detailed action plan and connect with the field to spot the talented sportspersons.